Minnesota in 2004 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:32:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Minnesota in 2004 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Minnesota in 2004  (Read 52464 times)
DarthKosh

« on: December 02, 2003, 10:55:32 AM »

Nah, the GOP won't win Minnesota, surely not the ONLY state that voted Dem in 1984?! (Even if most of that was Mondale). The Scandanavian/Lutheran population there are heavily Democratic aren't they? I hope Minnesota stays Democratic, if not Bush is in for a landslide and landslides are not good for democracy.

Mondale only won Minn buy four thousand or so votes.
DarthKosh

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2003, 11:52:29 AM »

I think the Democrats actually have a shot at winning Indiana.

No they don't.
DarthKosh

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2003, 11:54:27 AM »

Nobody in their foggiest dreams thought Reagan would carry Rhode Island and Hawaii in 1984, but he did. So far, Bush's utter unpopularity has been severely underestimated by the media and others.

If I didn't know any better about how ingrained Republican vote fraud is, then I wouldn't even count Texas as safe for him.

Wow that's all I have to say.
DarthKosh

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2003, 01:24:42 PM »

Nader won 5% in 2000. Where will they go?

To Nader Because he is problely going to run again.
DarthKosh

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2003, 01:31:31 PM »

Nader won 5% in 2000. Where will they go?
Nader still might enter the race. I fear that would only help Bush' Re-Election bid. Nader helped the Republicans in 2000.

From politics1.com:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Still, I don't think Nader will do as well in 2004. Three years ago he attracted a big protest vote from Democrats who felt alienated by Gore; this time around stopping Bush will be more important to them, and they'll get behind whoever the Democratic candidate is. At least that's how I see it.

I think Nader will do better when Dean tries to move to the middle after the primaries.
DarthKosh

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2003, 04:01:49 PM »

I think Nader will do better when Dean tries to move to the middle after the primaries.

You're underestimating Bush's unpopularity in some quarters; the kind of people who would usually vote for a Green Party candidate (we're talking ultra-liberals, environmentalists, etc) absolutely despise him, and would vote for whoever they think is most likely to defeat Bush. I doubt they'll really care where the Dem. candidate stands, even assuming Dean suddenly moves to the middle. They just want Bush out of the White House.

I don't think the anti-Bush vote will win Dean the election, but I do believe it will nullify the threat posed by Nader.

If Dean tries to move to the middle he would be seen as to conservative for them.
DarthKosh

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2003, 07:24:58 AM »

You're underestimating Bush's unpopularity in some quarters; the kind of people who would usually vote for a Green Party candidate (we're talking ultra-liberals, environmentalists, etc) absolutely despise him, and would vote for whoever they think is most likely to defeat Bush. I doubt they'll really care where the Dem. candidate stands, even assuming Dean suddenly moves to the middle. They just want Bush out of the White House.

I don't think the anti-Bush vote will win Dean the election, but I do believe it will nullify the threat posed by Nader.

I disagree. The Left-Wing movement wants the USA to withdraw from Iraq, and none of the mainstream Dems support that. That rift is going to prevent to many Far-Left votes from going to the Dems.

You got it right.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies