"Marco Rubio is probably the most hyped of the 2011 freshman Senate class"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:08:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  "Marco Rubio is probably the most hyped of the 2011 freshman Senate class"
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: "Marco Rubio is probably the most hyped of the 2011 freshman Senate class"  (Read 3978 times)
ajc0918
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 30, 2010, 05:21:09 PM »

http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2010/12/rubios-little-overrated.html

You must be logged in to read this quote.

HA.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 08:13:02 PM »

Almost identical favorables among Dems and Indies? It looks like another poll with some issues...
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 08:34:21 PM »

Looks like someone's still hurting that his neocon buddy Crist didn't get in...

(Disclaimer: Yeah, I know Rubio's not going anywhere near the White House for a long time. So please, don't try to use that against me.)
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2010, 09:35:52 PM »

Overhyped is the word. It should not be forgotten that most of the electorate voted for someone else other than him, so approvals are not going to be over the top for him.
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2010, 09:41:52 PM »

Duhh?
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2010, 10:09:16 PM »

Rubio is so antiwar Roll Eyes
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2010, 10:30:26 PM »

Crist did remind me a lot of Lieberman, phony Independent POS who deserved to lose. Democrats should be ashamed for not letting Meek getting his due justice, even if he would have likely lost in the end.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2010, 01:39:03 AM »

Crist has absolutely nothing to do with neoconservatism.
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2010, 04:06:25 AM »

Duhh?

Oh please Crist is a POS with no political principles. He lost for a reason, Americans like politicians to stick with their parties and not try to play moderate hero all the time, hence why Liberman's numbers are in the toilet. Spector and him lost their races for a good reason.
Dgov
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2010, 04:12:46 AM »

A -31 Approval rating with Florida Independents?  The Same group he outright won in 2010?  Yeah, something doesn't feel right with this poll.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2010, 04:34:50 AM »

Crist did remind me a lot of Lieberman, phony Independent POS who deserved to lose. Democrats should be ashamed for not letting Meek getting his due justice, even if he would have likely lost in the end.

If it were someone else, I would agree, but we're talking about Kendrick Meek here. He's a nepotist who had until 2010 never had a contested election.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2010, 10:01:12 AM »

Crist is the exact opposite of a neocon, he is a former conservative Republican that drifted left. And it's tough to judge a Governor's views on foreign policy.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2010, 11:02:50 AM »

Did Rubio get caught doing a dead boy or something since the election?
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2010, 02:59:14 PM »

A -31 Approval rating with Florida Independents?  The Same group he outright won in 2010?  Yeah, something doesn't feel right with this poll.

Well Crist won 34% of independents, so assuming those 34% plus whatever percentage Meek got disapprove of Rubio then it's possible. Rubio won 48% of independents.
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2010, 05:27:38 PM »

Crist is the exact opposite of a neocon, he is a former conservative Republican that drifted left. And it's tough to judge a Governor's views on foreign policy.

Doesn't change the fact that, at least if I recall correctly, he was seriously floated as a possible running mate for John McCain - one of the most shameless neocons alive.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2010, 06:54:59 PM »

I wonder, does Crist have any future?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2010, 06:56:11 PM »
« Edited: December 31, 2010, 06:58:29 PM by Vice President Kalwejt (UDL-SD) »

Doesn't change the fact that, at least if I recall correctly, he was seriously floated as a possible running mate for John McCain - one of the most shameless neocons alive.

Hey, hey, wasn't Mark Hatfield seriously floated as Nixon running-mate? Zomgz, that makes Hatfield a Nixonian!

Not comparing the two, o/c, but this is utterly stupid argument, when you're lacking any real argument.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2010, 07:01:03 PM »

Hey, hey, wasn't Mark Hatfield seriously floated as Nixon running-mate? Zomgz, that makes Hatfield a Nixonian!

Not comparing the two, o/c, but this is utterly stupid argument, when you're lacking any real argument.

Furthermore McCain is not a neocon. If you're going to define the term as "anyone who supports an imperialist foreign policy" there is nothing "neo" about it, was Genghis Kahn a neocon?

Also John Nance Garner was FDR's first running mate. One would have a tough time arguing that Garner, a hardcore isolationist Blue Dog had much in common with FDR. Is Sarah Palin a neocon for that matter?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2010, 07:33:17 PM »

No, except maybe in the Obama administration.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2010, 07:36:34 PM »

When Bill Young retires, FL-10 will have Charlie Crist's name on it. He's likable enough to win it as an independent.
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2010, 07:44:08 PM »

Furthermore McCain is not a neocon. If you're going to define the term as "anyone who supports an imperialist foreign policy" there is nothing "neo" about it, was Genghis Kahn a neocon?

Also John Nance Garner was FDR's first running mate. One would have a tough time arguing that Garner, a hardcore isolationist Blue Dog had much in common with FDR. Is Sarah Palin a neocon for that matter?

Was, or was not, George W. Bush a neocon?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2010, 07:47:08 PM »

No, he wasn't. Honestly the thought of George W. Bush as a member of any intellectual movement is beyond amusing. Neocons did have massive influence in his administration though, that being the problem. But Bush himself never signed on as a member of Project for a New American Century, nor did ever do any serious research into the writings of Strauss and Kristol.
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2010, 10:46:22 PM »

When Bill Young retires, FL-10 will have Charlie Crist's name on it. He's likable enough to win it as an independent.

That or mayor of St. Petersburg (where he lives), a "non partisan" race.
Nichlemn

« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2011, 01:48:11 AM »

This reminds me, has anyone broken down this race's results by Congressional district? I'd be interested in it.
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2011, 02:26:12 AM »

This reminds me, has anyone broken down this race's results by Congressional district? I'd be interested in it.

Well it would be neat to see the results, but what I can just estimate is it would probably have voted Crist by a few points over the overall Pinellas county win. You see the southern Pinellas tip a majority black area and is gerrymandered into FL-11, shockingly this area voted strongly for Meek. In the north of the county, some of the more conservative areas of the county are in FL-9. This area is pretty mixed but there are a lot of Rubio precints.

Here's a precinct by precinct map of the county if you wanna look.
http://www.tampabay.com/kyc2010/results/pinellas_map.shtml

Oh a random note: Crist won his home precinct with 60%.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies