Creepfest 2011 (11th Post A Picture Of Yourself Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:28:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Creepfest 2011 (11th Post A Picture Of Yourself Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30
Author Topic: Creepfest 2011 (11th Post A Picture Of Yourself Thread)  (Read 124442 times)
memphis
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #600 on: December 12, 2011, 08:34:48 PM »

You must basically live in the gym pumping iron afleitch.  Well done!  Smiley

I could not get those biceps/triceps at my age no matter how hard I tried, and I have been doing my best. Getting old sucks!  
So much of building muscle is genetic. As is building fat. Lifestyle is just half. I put on both pretty easily. While we're doing beefcake shots, here's me back in 2003 when I was working out regularly. It's an interesting photo as you can see how much I had grown in the five prior years since the small pic on the bottom left had been taken.

Nature does not want old men to have muscles. It wants the biologically washed up to shuffle off and die, so it arranges matters so old men can't hunt, at which time it is time to go up to the mountain top and assume room temperature. So all that is left is to fool nature with a little help from one's friends as it were.

And there you have it. Sad
Nature is cruel. Most men are not even necessary to begin with. You need a lot of women to sustain a population but shockingly few men. So the extra men can go off to war or to the coal mines or wherever if needed. We also get the brunt of adaptation, most of which are bad, but occassionally are good. And we have greater mortality at all ages than women, which means by the time a population is elderly, they're nearly all female. Which seems to work out for my dad pretty well actually. Plus we can have kids almost until the day we die (especially now with Viagara). Women dry out and are done by about 50 or so. That pic makes me want to join a gym again. Oh to be in college again and have nothing better to do after 2 hours of classes than to work out and taunt danger....
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #601 on: December 12, 2011, 10:29:12 PM »

Most men are not even necessary to begin with. You need a lot of women to sustain a population but shockingly few men.

Ah!  But, you see, nature, in general, abhors anything but a 1:1 gender ratio.  Imagine that some event causes the gender ratio to depart from 1:1 ratio and suddenly the ratio of men to women being born is 1:2.  That's not so bad, you might say, because the men can just have two wives instead of one.  But it's in their offspring where things start getting interesting.  You see, any individuals in generation one with any genetic predisposition towards having more sons are going to be better off than those without (or, heaven forbid, those with a predisposition to more daughters), because the males of the next generation are going to be able to mate with a ton of females but many of the females are never going to find a male.  Think of it this way: you have five sons in this arrangement, your sons will have women throwing themselves at them in droves, so they can either pick a bunch of women or the "best" women out there.  You have five daughters, meanwhile, and your daughters are lucky to find a man or two between them.  Thus, the genes coding for "more sons than the 1:2 ratio" will start spreading, and suddenly the population will reach a 1:1 equilibrium.  If the momentum is too strong, they might overshoot and have too many males... but then the exact same processes outlined above will go into effect but reversed (females "lucky", males "competitive"), and the pendulum will swing back towards 1:1.

Over evolutionary history, this has made the 1:1 gender ratio practically sacrosanct across almost every single species (the exceptions are interesting in and of themselves, and usually have to do with strange patterns of passing along genes) that has two sexes, regardless of, say, how sexes are determined, or any of the myriad other variables that might come into play.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #602 on: December 12, 2011, 10:40:54 PM »

Great pic of you there Memphis. Smiley
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #603 on: December 13, 2011, 12:09:57 AM »

Most men are not even necessary to begin with. You need a lot of women to sustain a population but shockingly few men.

Ah!  But, you see, nature, in general, abhors anything but a 1:1 gender ratio.  Imagine that some event causes the gender ratio to depart from 1:1 ratio and suddenly the ratio of men to women being born is 1:2.  That's not so bad, you might say, because the men can just have two wives instead of one.  But it's in their offspring where things start getting interesting.  You see, any individuals in generation one with any genetic predisposition towards having more sons are going to be better off than those without (or, heaven forbid, those with a predisposition to more daughters), because the males of the next generation are going to be able to mate with a ton of females but many of the females are never going to find a male.  Think of it this way: you have five sons in this arrangement, your sons will have women throwing themselves at them in droves, so they can either pick a bunch of women or the "best" women out there.  You have five daughters, meanwhile, and your daughters are lucky to find a man or two between them.  Thus, the genes coding for "more sons than the 1:2 ratio" will start spreading, and suddenly the population will reach a 1:1 equilibrium.  If the momentum is too strong, they might overshoot and have too many males... but then the exact same processes outlined above will go into effect but reversed (females "lucky", males "competitive"), and the pendulum will swing back towards 1:1.

Over evolutionary history, this has made the 1:1 gender ratio practically sacrosanct across almost every single species (the exceptions are interesting in and of themselves, and usually have to do with strange patterns of passing along genes) that has two sexes, regardless of, say, how sexes are determined, or any of the myriad other variables that might come into play.
I don't disagree with anything you said, but that still means that you have too many males in each generation. So you get a bunch of weirdo loser males who end up spending all their time on the Atlas Forum....
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #604 on: December 13, 2011, 09:27:13 PM »

Just wondering: Has Opebo ever posted a picture in a PAPOY thread?

I remember he did once, but he deleted it pretty quickly.

Well, what did he look like?
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #605 on: December 14, 2011, 01:46:35 PM »

Just wondering: Has Opebo ever posted a picture in a PAPOY thread?

I remember he did once, but he deleted it pretty quickly.

Well, what did he look like?

he says he looks like Peter Sellers.  it's a fairly accurate description.

Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #606 on: December 15, 2011, 06:18:27 PM »

Me with my guitar.

They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #607 on: December 15, 2011, 07:07:05 PM »

Sweet axe bro! Cheesy
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #608 on: December 15, 2011, 10:28:11 PM »

Thanks!  Cheesy
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #609 on: December 23, 2011, 05:17:32 PM »

Me and my boyfriend Michael.

Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #610 on: December 23, 2011, 05:23:13 PM »

Does your boyfriend enjoy the occasional trudge through a marsh in those boots? Tongue
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #611 on: December 23, 2011, 06:41:47 PM »

Does your boyfriend enjoy the occasional trudge through a marsh in those boots? Tongue

Yes. Yes he does Smiley
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #612 on: December 23, 2011, 08:05:18 PM »

Burn those boots.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #613 on: December 25, 2011, 03:29:47 AM »

Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #614 on: December 26, 2011, 11:43:20 PM »

You look very happy - understandably. Savor every moment, is my best suggestion. Smiley
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

« Reply #615 on: December 27, 2011, 03:24:44 AM »

Is Naso married?
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #616 on: December 27, 2011, 07:01:43 AM »

Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #617 on: December 27, 2011, 09:40:56 AM »

Nice catch.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #618 on: January 01, 2012, 10:46:49 AM »

If I remember correctly, the last photo I posted here was taken during the Awful Terribleness, so here's something a bit newer:

In my - highly limited - defence, the flower is both fake and an intentional joke. The chronic inability to pose for photographs is not, though it is masked a little by the less than great quality of the picture (because otherwise you'd notice that the head is not actually still). I should see if I can dig up my semi-official photo, because that's even funnier (though in a very different way).
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #619 on: January 01, 2012, 10:53:58 AM »

If I remember correctly, the last photo I posted here was taken during the Awful Terribleness, so here's something a bit newer:

In my - highly limited - defence, the flower is both fake and an intentional joke. The chronic inability to pose for photographs is not, though it is masked a little by the less than great quality of the picture (because otherwise you'd notice that the head is not actually still). I should see if I can dig up my semi-official photo, because that's even funnier (though in a very different way).

Are you some eccentric university professor?
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #620 on: January 01, 2012, 10:56:02 AM »

No, but he is planning to become one.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #621 on: January 01, 2012, 10:59:17 AM »

Yeah, it's that or spending eternity on the dole. Which doesn't seem as fun.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #622 on: January 01, 2012, 11:04:08 AM »

They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #623 on: January 01, 2012, 12:21:40 PM »

I pictured Al as far more...far less...hairy?
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #624 on: January 01, 2012, 04:05:24 PM »

*hughughug*
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies