US House Redistricting: Georgia (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:28:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  US House Redistricting: Georgia (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: US House Redistricting: Georgia  (Read 39680 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: January 24, 2011, 04:51:25 PM »

How Republican are South GA Whites, BK? 75%? 80%?

Or another way of to approach this would be to ask if you know the McCain versus Obama number on your maps in what would be Kingston's district especially, since it was mentioned, yet again off board, that he could lose in a bad year if you target Barrow.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 03:08:25 PM »

What are the VRA requirements for an area to need two such VRA districts? And what line would the Supreme Court take on them?
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 09:49:21 PM »

Ah, missed this post earlier.

How Republican are South GA Whites, BK? 75%? 80%?

Depends on where in South GA, exactly- Savannah has some white liberals just like, say, Charleston does. 70% GOP sounds about right for Chatham whites, yes. Other counties like Laurens or Baldwin still have some blue dog Dems locally, with whites also voting around 70% GOP; the white Democratic candidates rely on the black voters to win.

Besides that, though, in most places whites are about 80-90% Republican. I'm actually working on a map right now that displays the white percentage of a county minus the percent McCain got- basically a rough measurement of how Republican a given county's whites are. I'll post it here when I'm done; notably though I've discovered some counties (Bleckley and Calhoun so far) actually have a greater percentage McCain than of whites. Of course one must keep in mind that whites have a higher turnout than blacks, but still that has to be a McCain vote of at least 90% among those whites.

That sounds interesting but for right now, I am just wonding how Republican a 63% white district in South Ga would be since someone said that your idea to undo Barrow would make Kingston vulnerable.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 10:42:29 PM »

Ouch, Bacon King's home was 76% McCain. And I thought my home in Bismarck, ND was bad enough.

Don't remind me! Tongue
Not being familiar with the demographics of that location, were the 2004 numbers more or less Republican then the 2008 numbers?
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 04:51:35 PM »

Shouldn't that last line say "both R+10, but" instead of "both R+20, but"? Wink  
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies