US House Redistricting: Georgia (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:47:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  US House Redistricting: Georgia (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: US House Redistricting: Georgia  (Read 39596 times)
freepcrusher
YaBB God
United States

« on: May 14, 2011, 10:43:23 AM »

is there a metropolitan area as politically diverse as the Atlanta area? You can dry a compact 94% Obama district without trying, but you can also draw a compact 75% McCain district in the northern perimeter of the area.
freepcrusher
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 07:56:32 PM »

is there a metropolitan area as politically diverse as the Atlanta area? You can dry a compact 94% Obama district without trying, but you can also draw a compact 75% McCain district in the northern perimeter of the area.

Maybe Dallas or Houston.

I would agree with Houston. In 1984, there was a district that took in the area inside the 610 loop called the 18th District that gave Walter Mondale 72 percent of the vote. There was also a district right next to it that took in the the memorial villages, river oaks, and the remaining western part of the county called the 7th which gave Reagan 83 percent of the vote.
freepcrusher
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 04:41:22 PM »

Ouch, Bacon King's home was 76% McCain. And I thought my home in Bismarck, ND was bad enough.

Don't remind me! Tongue
Not being familiar with the demographics of that location, were the 2004 numbers more or less Republican then the 2008 numbers?

probably more republican. Obama did better in pretty much all sub or ex urban areas in the country.
freepcrusher
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 10:41:16 AM »

there are certain areas of Georgia (like in Athens or inside the 285 perimeter) where Obama won the white vote. Considering he only won 23% of the white vote statewide, its disturbing to consider what % of the white vote he won if one takes out those areas. I'm guessing it would be almost as bad as there neighbor to the west.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies