US House Redistricting: Nebraska (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:01:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  US House Redistricting: Nebraska (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: US House Redistricting: Nebraska  (Read 6615 times)
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« on: March 19, 2011, 03:05:35 AM »

I think you have Colonel Peter Sarpy and Senator Saxby Chambliss confused.

Incidentally, Sarpy was assigned the prefix 59 for its license plates, based on its 59th place ranking in car registrations in 1922 when the numbering system was implemented.  The system was discontinued in 2000 in Douglas, Sarpy, and Lancaster.

While I wait for South Carolina to be released and made ready, I thought I'd play with Nebraska.

This map tries for a minimal amount of change from the current map.  NE-2 gives up some precincts in Saxby County to NE-1.  NE-1 surrenders all it has of Cedar County, plus all of Wayne and Madison Counties to NE-3, leaving Saxby as the only split county. Inset map provided for Saxby County.

NE-1 608,820  + 40
NE-2 608,867  + 87
NE-3 608,654  -126

There are several precincts along the border of the two districts that could be moved from NE-1 to NE-3 if one wished to reduce the deviation even more by splitting two counties.  Probably the choice of how to split Saxby could also be done differently to reduce the difference, but I tried to avoid having NE-1 and NE-2 trade precincts or splitting Bellevue.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies