Barack Obama will win reelection (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:51:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Barack Obama will win reelection (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Barack Obama will win reelection  (Read 4584 times)
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: January 05, 2011, 08:50:07 AM »

I believe that you are wrong - unemployment rates beg to differ. I do believe that the GOP will take the Senate, however.

I think that while unemployment will still be high, it is the trajectory of the rates that matters. After all, the vast majority of voters are still employed, and comfortable. If they feel the economy is doing well they won't spare too many thoughts to the x% of the workforce shut out from the recovery if unemployment has dropped some and is dropping. That's the lesson of Margaret Thatcher: you can write off a minority of the electorate if the majority feels things are getting better for them.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 09:40:53 AM »

I'm in Obama's corner.  But I'm puzzled about why everyone is so confident that Obama will outpace his electoral vote performance in '08 and win by more in '12. 

Only one person has said more, and another said "by a lot." I have no confidence he's going to win states like NC again, but as of now, with the recognition that much can change, I still think he wins by a decent margin.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies