Who Would Do Worse Against Obama In 2012?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:25:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Who Would Do Worse Against Obama In 2012?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Huh
Sarah Palin

Dick Cheney

Rick Santorum

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 32

Author Topic: Who Would Do Worse Against Obama In 2012?  (Read 1617 times)
Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey
hantheguitarman

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 09, 2011, 09:14:29 PM »

I realize that it's very very very unlikely that Cheney or Santorum would ever come close to winning the 2012 GOP nod, but who would do worse?

Discuss, with maps.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 09:59:01 PM »

TOUGH question, though Dick because he shot a person Tongue

If he didn't shoot a person then it would be between palin and rick
Thomas D
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: -6.61

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 10:00:21 PM »

Dick, due to health issues.
Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey
hantheguitarman

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 10:03:17 PM »

Cheney's ability to carry WV might be questionable: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rjIrNRVlXo

Santorum and Palin would easily carry WV. I'm guessing Cheney would do the worst.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 10:14:14 PM »

Why would Cheney do worst? All of them have equally high negatives, and I still say that Palin would do worst. Cheney would hold NC and IN for one thing. As for WV: given how anti-coal the Obama administration is, any Republican will win. If Hillary was the candidate it would be another matter entirely, but that's not the case.
Capitan Zapp Brannigan
Addicted to Politics

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2011, 12:14:41 AM »

Cheney would not win NC.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2011, 01:03:07 AM »

Not one of them would win North Carolina, Indiana, or Missouri. I am beginning to wonder about Texas.
Poundingtherock
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2011, 01:41:08 AM »

Pbrower,

You may want to try looking at a pollster that isn't get paychecks from the Daily Kos one of these days.

Palin was running ahead of Rick Perry in Texas against the former crack addict Barack Obama, beating him by 15 points.

http://www.texastribune.org/texas-politics/2010-texas-governors-race/perry-leads-white-in-trade-group-poll/

Keep in mind too that the pollster employed by the Daily Kos shows her up on Obama by 2 in Montana, which is pretty much the same result as the 2008 election.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2011, 08:12:12 AM »

Pbrower,

You may want to try looking at a pollster that isn't get paychecks from the Daily Kos one of these days.

Palin was running ahead of Rick Perry in Texas against the former crack addict Barack Obama, beating him by 15 points.

http://www.texastribune.org/texas-politics/2010-texas-governors-race/perry-leads-white-in-trade-group-poll/

Keep in mind too that the pollster employed by the Daily Kos shows her up on Obama by 2 in Montana, which is pretty much the same result as the 2008 election.
WTF dude.  Do you really have to slander everyone in so a base manner?
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2011, 09:03:22 AM »

Pbrower,

WTF dude.  Do you really have to slander everyone in so a base manner?

Powder cocaine, and there's no evidence he was an addict, but he's basically right.

"I had learned not to care, I blew a few smoke rings, remembering those years.  Pot had helped, and booze; maybe a little blow when you could afford it.  Not smack, though." - Barack Obama, Dreams From My Father
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.45, S: -0.26

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2011, 09:33:22 AM »

In order of worst performance:

1). Santorum
2). Cheney
3). Palin
Mr. Taft Republican
Taft4Prez
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2011, 10:06:05 AM »

Cheney, I don't even think most of the republican base likes him.
Poundingtherock
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2011, 05:09:03 PM »

How is it slander to refer to the former occidental college student (one of the worst deals for a school in the country) as a former crack addict when he admits it in his book?  I don't distinguish between crack and "powder cocaine" as both are illegal substances.  As to whetherh he was an addict, it's your own opinion.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2011, 05:13:59 PM »

How is it slander to refer to the former occidental college student (one of the worst deals for a school in the country) as a former crack addict when he admits it in his book?  I don't distinguish between crack and "powder cocaine" as both are illegal substances.  As to whetherh he was an addict, it's your own opinion.
It's slander because you bring it up for no reason just to tar his name in a thread about his hypothetical opponents. 
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.45, S: -0.26

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2011, 05:14:16 PM »

I find it amazing that people think Rick Santorum would perform better than a former Vice-President or the figurehead of the Tea Party. Santorum is basically a nothing. He would pick up the Deep South, Utah, Idaho, and Wyoming - nothing else.
Mr. Taft Republican
Taft4Prez
United States

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2011, 07:13:35 PM »

I find it amazing that people think Rick Santorum would perform better than a former Vice-President or the figurehead of the Tea Party. Santorum is basically a nothing. He would pick up the Deep South, Utah, Idaho, and Wyoming - nothing else.
Yeah, but Cheney brings absolutely nothing to the table. And I don't think any of those areas really need to be brought in Tongue.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2011, 10:47:15 PM »

Cheney brings intelligence and substance to the table.  You may not like the type of  substance he brings, but he does have gravitas.

Santorum brings a record of legislative accomplishment and experience to the table, and he is very bright.

Palin brings the substance of a lightweight politician few had ever heard of prior to being plucked out of obscurity by McCain and the academic accomplishments of a mediocre undergrad.

You figure it out.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2011, 10:58:09 PM »

At least Palin is hot... Tongue But seriously, you can't really run a presidential campaign when your name is commonly used as a sexual neologism for the material byproduct of homosexual sodomy.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies