6-way 2012 Presidential Election (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 04:02:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Alternative Elections (Moderator: Dereich)
  6-way 2012 Presidential Election (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 6-way 2012 Presidential Election  (Read 3705 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: January 07, 2011, 09:50:45 PM »

Why would the Libertarians bother with a ticket if Paul, the so-called Libertarian standard bearer and former Libertarian Party nominee, is running? Also I believe Chuck Baldwin would be a Paul supporter.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 10:12:15 PM »

The best chance for Romney, Gore, and Paul, possibly:

Dark Blue-Paul-240
Dark Red-Obama-111
Light Red-Hillary-86
Light Green-Gore-55
Gray-Romney-46

While if you stack up all three Democrats against Paul, they win a plurality by sixteen points, if Romney and Paul go together, they win.

The election goes to the House where Paul, Obama, and Hillary fight it out. A small number of Republicans defect to Hillary because of Paul's "extremism", however, Paul wins and America, after only four years ago electing its first African American President, gets its first Hispanic Vice-President.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 10:47:08 PM »

It's Romney's for the taking due to the enormous fracturing of the Democratic vote. If Obama were unseated by Hillary and Obama was unwilling to accept a simple primary defeat, then all hell would break lose within the Democratic ranks.

I think Romney's choice of Olympia Snowe for Vice-President ruins the chances of the right uniting behind him.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 10:52:39 PM »

It's Romney's for the taking due to the enormous fracturing of the Democratic vote. If Obama were unseated by Hillary and Obama was unwilling to accept a simple primary defeat, then all hell would break lose within the Democratic ranks.

I think Romney's choice of Olympia Snowe for Vice-President ruins the chances of the right uniting behind him.

Romney is a liberal anyway, so choosing Snowe would have no effect on the ticket. And the right certainly wouldn't unite behind a pacifist ticket like Root/Baldwin. Even if the vast majority of conservatives stayed home, Romney would still win due to the four-way split in the left.

Romney, regardless of what you think of him, at least campaigns as a Conservative. Snowe would be a blatant repudiation of Conservatism, and as the map I posted above demonstrates, I think Conservative would unite behind Paul.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2011, 08:50:32 PM »

Why would the Libertarians bother running?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 08:09:04 PM »

Good point...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies