First Presidential Debate (Closing Statements) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:01:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  First Presidential Debate (Closing Statements) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: First Presidential Debate (Closing Statements)  (Read 4678 times)
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: January 07, 2011, 07:20:39 PM »

I'll not be giving a long opening statement.  I'll begin by thanking everyone for taking part in the Debate - this can show people who the candidates are.

Now, on to why I am running for President.  Atlasia has hit a lull.  I believe that something needs to be done to resurrect things.  I feel this can be done, first of all, by making foreign policy matter again.  To that end, should I be elected, I'll be making foreign policy a priority: I will create three deputy SoEA, each with the title of "Ambassador to _" - the UN, NATO, and the EU.  They will be required to submit bi-weekly reports to the new "GM for Foreign Affairs", who will create stories.  I will maintain the position of the GM, but shift some responsibilities to this new GM.

In addition, by increasing opportunities for activity - something my foreign policy ideas will - I see a way to bring Atlasia back.  If people are active, they will make the game more entertaining.

So, here I am.  Now let's go!

My internet crashed, so sorry Sad

Now, to the question.  The way I see us being able to get the economy going is through targeted spending.  The spending should be focused entirely on job creation - that means spending on infrastructure and public works, as well as putting money in the hands of the less fortunate, who spend money, as opposed to the rich, who tend to save money.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 03:25:31 PM »

My spending, in addition to the necessary spending such as entitlements and defense (neither of which will see much of a change in total amount spent) will be based on two areas: shoring up our infrastructure, and investing in education.

First, to infrastructure.  Not only is infrastructure critical to transportation of goods (and to public safety), but it is a major job generator, and thus an economic stimulus.  By modernizing our infrastructure, we are creating jobs, we are making it easier to transport goods, and we are putting money into the economy.

Now second, I will spend to invest in education.  In order to succeed in the 21st Century, we must invest in education.  The types of challenges Atlasia faces can only be truly overcome with knowledge, and with innovation.  By funding research in the sciences, we can develop new forms of energy, more energy efficient machines; basically create the 21st Century's version of the steam engine.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 08:58:41 PM »

I have always advocated an interventionist and internationalist foreign policy, and I will continue to do so as President.  One of my major innovations is going to be setting up Embassies, and appointing Ambassadors, to the UN, EU, and NATO.  In addition, I will be appointing a Deputy-GM for Foreign Affairs, which will enable there to be more foreign policy stories, thus allowing Atlasia to be more active to begin with.  As President, I will be making foreign affairs a priority, since I feel that is an untapped way to make Atlasia more interesting, and thus get more people involved and active.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 02:56:22 PM »

My major reforms will be centered on increasing activity.  To that end, I will be continuing the Commission on Recruitment, as well as making foreign affairs part of the game again.  I firmly believe that foreign affairs stories can increase activity, and my plan to create a new GM for foreign affairs will do just that.  I will also form a Commission on Activity, to formulate other ideas to increase activity.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 09:07:50 PM »

1.  I am very wary of off-site recruiting.  I think there is too much potential for abuse, and too much of a risk.  I rather like the idea of Atlasia as community for Forum posters, and want it to stay that way.
2.  One of the key parts of my platform is creating a GM for Foreign Affairs, and a GM for Domestic Affairs, splitting the position.  I also want to take issue with Marokai (perhaps unintentionally) characterizing my proposal as having the GM's "competing" against each other.  Under my proposal, the GM's would work together, whenever their stories have an impact on each other's field.  There is no competition.
3.  I'm overall pretty excited by upswing in parties.  The "split" on the Left is overstated.  Because of our system, if one liberal is defeated, the votes transfer to the other.  What this means is that the JCP is no longer in a monopoly of liberal support.  As to the RPP, I am not particularly impressed.  I see a lot of people who will vote a couple times, and then drop off.  Talk to me again in 6 months.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2011, 09:22:07 PM »

As my opening was short, so will my conclusion as well.  I believe that I am the best suited candidate to be President.  I am the candidate most focused on activity, and my proposals would create a whole new aspect of the game - that of foreign policy.  My proposal for multiple assistant GM's relating to foreign affairs, and creating a second GM, will revitalize the game - giving it life it desperately needs.  So please, I urge you to vote Ben!
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2011, 06:45:06 PM »

"If you are elected president, will I still have my job?" Tongue

You will have a job in my Administration.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies