First Presidential Debate (Closing Statements) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:21:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  First Presidential Debate (Closing Statements) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: First Presidential Debate (Closing Statements)  (Read 4684 times)
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« on: January 07, 2011, 04:08:24 PM »
« edited: January 10, 2011, 02:55:10 AM by The Right Honourable Director of Halifax, Lt. Gov The Doctor »

Hello to Atlasia from the Voice and the Independent, where the first Presidential debate will be held this cycle!  From the UDL we Have Conor, Marokai Blue and Ben, from the JCP we have Oakvale.  From the RPP we have Tmthforu94!  We will begin with opening statements from all candidates to be posted today by 4 PM PST.  Afterwards we will move on with questions throughout the weekend.  

Best wishes to each of you and here's to a fruitful debate!
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 07:08:36 PM »

Due to the remaining candidates not reaching the Opening statements deadline, we will move onto questioning.

We shall begin in the field of economics, where as you all know, Atlasia is having some hard times.  With the recent stock market crash and "Great Recession" along with perceived inactivity of the federal government, what is your plan for getting Atlasia back on it's feet?

You have 20 minutes to answer this question.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 07:38:46 PM »

The time limit is up, and I will move onto the next question.

With the fact that the federal stimulus has been enacted, what is your opinion of the current federal deficit and what is your plan of action regarding this?

You have 30 minutes to respond.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 08:12:18 PM »
« Edited: January 07, 2011, 08:17:04 PM by The Right Honourable Director of Halifax, Lt. Gov The Doctor »

As the time limit is up, we will move on to the next question.

From the SoIA's report to the Senate, unemployment rates across the country have reached record highs.  What will your administrations do to help remedy this situation?  You have 20 minutes to answer this question.

I would also like to state that in response to Oakvale, I will allow responding to each other within the debate, providing that things remain civil and controlled.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 08:43:08 PM »
« Edited: January 07, 2011, 08:45:06 PM by The Right Honourable Director of Halifax, Lt. Gov The Doctor »

Due to the fact that I must get going early, I will put up a series up questions:

What is your current opinion of the financial regulations the Federal Government currently has for corporations?  Is it fine as it is or should it be changed?  How and Why?

Which Federal programs are the most important to keep financially stable at this time?  Which ones, if any, should be cut?

Is the current healthcare system adequate for Atlasia?  Would you institute any majour changes to this system or not?  Why?

Currently, overseas trade policies are not in the spotlight, however, Atlasia is known on the world stage as a trade hub.  Do you believe that trade with other countries, especially with China and Russia, should be increased or decreased and why?

The military of Atlasia is a standing military, and fairly advanced.  However, with the lack of foreign conflicts or many foreign interests, what should be done with the military, especially financially?

Is the current tax policy adequate in Atlasia, and what is your position on taxation of businesses and individuals of different income brackets?  Would you also consider religious institutions viable for taxation?

Energy is a pressing matter in Atlasia today, specifically alternative and green energy sources.  How much do you believe the federal government should be involved in the growth of alternative energy and do you believe that it could be a lifesaver for the economy?

Do any of you believe that any of the pressing issues in terms of the economy and government spending can be solved within your term?

Please answer these questions by 9 AM PST tomorrow.  Debate will continue at 9 AM PST tomorrow.  Please feel free to use the time until then for free candidate discussion - specifically on the issue of the economy.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2011, 02:22:25 PM »

Welcome back to Day 2 of the Senate Debate in Atlasia.  To cover up the fact that I couldn't get to a computer until now (Wink) and to finish up on this subject, will all candidates please post what the major points of their economic and spending plan is, as well as the reasoning behind it?  I'll give an hour since this is rather a hefty question.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2011, 03:34:34 PM »

I will be gone until 3:30, please use the time as a recess and to answer any questions you have missed so far.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2011, 07:06:52 PM »

Now that we're back, I have a new question for you all.  I won't set a time limit this time since I have no clue who's actually here this time around:

Atlasia has been mostly an isolationist state for it's existence.  Do you support the status quo foreign policy?  Would you like to see Atlasia more interventionist in foreign affairs?
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2011, 02:44:07 PM »

Welcome to Day 3 and the final day of the First Presidential Debate.  Today, we will be covering out of character topics, such as party politics and game reform.

First off, would the candidates please state what is the centerpiece of their game reform plans?
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2011, 06:16:01 PM »

We'll move on then with three questions, due by 6 PM:

Do you believe that out-of-site membership should be encouraged (as in branching out to other political sims and inviting them to join us)?

There's been constant talk about a GM board so to say to be a created.  Do you believe that there should be multiple GMs that develop storylines?

What is your personal opinion of the recent surge in Atlasia's parties, more specifically the split on the left and the strengthening of the RPP?
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2011, 01:12:49 AM »

Sorry about going AWOL earlier in the night, I was sidetracked by some important business.

Would each candidate please give a closing statement to end this first debate. (I may do a poll about who won it later)
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2011, 01:12:28 AM »

Though I don't expect it to go here, I couldn't think where else to bring it up...Tongue

I hope the candidates for President, myself, Oakvale, and Marokai, will be able to fit in another debate before the election begins, maybe even two. Smiley Was Yelnoc going to do the next debate, or someone else?

Yelnoc was but I haven't heard anything from him as of late.  I could possibly moderate another one but my schedule is currently packed so I'm not so sure yet.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies