The Independent Vice Presidential Debate (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:20:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Independent Vice Presidential Debate (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Independent Vice Presidential Debate  (Read 2551 times)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« on: January 08, 2011, 10:43:35 PM »
« edited: January 08, 2011, 10:59:39 PM by Marokai »

I'd just like to interject for just a quick second with something that really needs to be stated:

National News

From the GM’s Desk: Legislation Analysis
Fiscal Responsibility Bill: This legislation, sponsored by Senator Marokai Blue (JCP), seeks to streamline and restructure Atlasian income tax brackets.

The current bill would create new brackets for individual's income above $367,700, $1 million and $2.5 million, respectively. This would equate with a tax rate increase for the higher brackets and a tax rate decrease for the lowest brackets, with most rates remaining the same.

Previous estimates by the Office of the GM calculated between $250 billion and $600 billion in gained revenue as a result of these changes. Given the overall nature of marginal income tax, as well as the relative revenue gained through individual, rather than corporate, income taxes, the office is now prepared to predict a total revenue in-flow of $500 billion as a result of the new taxation brackets.

This would greatly help in reducing the budget deficit over the coming years. In conjunction with eventual spending cuts and other tax reforms, the Atlasian budget could reach neutrality in two years and bring the debt to zero shortly after a ten year time horizon.

The deficit is not ballooning out of control. The deficit is, pretty much, under control for now. More can always be done, but let's not just all come down with amnesia on what's already been done.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 10:51:18 PM »

Snowguy posted in the P debate thread. I'm just stating something as an aside because allowing it to continue would be simple misinformation, the exact opposite of something a debate is supposed to provide. There are matters of fact around the deficit that are being ignored, and that shouldn't be.

Also, I'm glad that you, also a presidential candidate, didn't mind posting either, despite criticizing me of posting.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 10:58:52 PM »

Snowguy posted in the P debate thread. I'm just stating something as an aside because allowing it to continue would be simple misinformation, the exact opposite of something a debate is supposed to provide. There are matters of fact around the deficit that are being ignored, and that shouldn't be.

Also, I'm glad that you, also a presidential candidate, didn't mind posting either, despite criticizing me of posting.
I'm not actually trying to engage in the political debate like you are, and neither was Snowguy. I say let the VP candidates debate here. If you have a point to make, make it in the Presidential candidates thread.

I wasn't participating in debate, I was making a factual point about the question being based on a false premise. Which it undeniably is.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 11:06:27 PM »

I'm not actually trying to engage in the political debate like you are, and neither was Snowguy. I say let the VP candidates debate here. If you have a point to make, make it in the Presidential candidates thread.

I wasn't participating in debate, I was making a factual point about the question being based on a false premise. Which it undeniably is.

And it's not your place to do that.  Let the debate moderator do so if he so wishes.  All I saw there was you butting into the debate to plug your own candidacy.

If the debate moderator is talking about inaccurate information and basing a question on a false premise of something that is not happening, this debate is having the opposite impact that it should be having.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2011, 11:11:41 PM »

So let's leave it up to presidential candidate Marokai Blue to "correct" everybody in public by inserting himself into other debates that he is not a part of when people are "wrong", instead of bringing the issue up privately with the debate moderator. [/sarcasm]

Again, you coming in here and re-posting a talking point from your own presidential debate was wholly inappropriate.

What I posted was information from the former Game Moderator, aka Game God, aka where the information we use in this game comes from and what we're all supposed to accept as truth. Don't shoot the messenger for correcting what is objectively wrong.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2011, 11:30:12 PM »

You're right.  I shouldn't have posted in the presidential debate thread.  I was not, however, the only person who had suspicions of Marokai having advance knowledge of the debate questions.

LOL.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2011, 11:34:49 PM »

I realize I should give less information in debates. I apologize.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies