The Independent Vice Presidential Debate (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:55:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Independent Vice Presidential Debate (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Independent Vice Presidential Debate  (Read 2552 times)
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« on: January 07, 2011, 11:51:21 PM »

Thanks for having us, Yelnoc, and I’d like to thank my opponents for being here as well.

I joined Atlasia a little over a year ago in the Northeast – registered at a time where activity was at its height and the regions had been vibrant. Since then, Atlasia has fallen into a bit of a slump, and while some of this is cyclical, there is certainly (to an extent) a way to remedy the problem. A Tmthforu94/Dallasfan65 administration will have the antidote to what ails Atlasia by giving Atlasia an active, bi-partisan, center-right government.

The duty of Vice President is, first and foremost, to run the Senate. Having been not only a Senator serving in my second (albeit non-consecutive) term, and also having run the Northeast Assembly for several months, I have confidence that I will execute the responsibilities adequately – the PPT election will be held properly, and tie-breaking votes will be cast. The Vice-Presidency is a simple, yet important role. I also will be able to inject activity beyond that – since my last tenure as Speaker of the Northeast Assembly, activity in the body has gone up significantly.

Now, if I can speak on behalf of my (hopefully) future boss, I can promise that the Tmth/Dallas administration will breathe some needed life into Atlasia – reform of the GM, as well as other offices potentially, and legislation that will benefit all of Atlasia. Tmthforu94 has a proven record in the Mideast of bi-partisanship and fighting for all of his constituents, and I can promise you all that he will bring that same spirit with him to the White House, as will I.

Thank you, and I’m looking forward to a great debate!
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 10:40:16 PM »

A Tmthforu94/Dallasfan65 administration will also feel passionate about the deficit.

At some point in time, things are going to come to a head, and I feel (and I'm sure my boss would agree) that the deficit ought to be our primary focus. China is on the verge of cutting us off (I hope the current SoEA is able to handle the situation) and this will turn an economic downturn into a collapse. I feel some good solutions to this would be bringing home bases that are overseas, shrinking the size of some departments, and finally vetoing some bills that, while they may seem nice, have far too hefty of a price tag on them. One thing I am sure of, however, is that tax increases are a non-starter.

Part of paying down the deficit can only been done by simply holding out until a recovering economy yields better tax revenue, but there are real steps that can be taken, and I look forward to that.

EDIT: I must apologize to Yelnoc for missing the first question. Work's a bitch.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 11:00:03 PM »

In fairness to Yelnoc, that post was dated before he even joined the forum.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 11:51:31 AM »

As someone who joined this game just a year ago and also serves on the Presidential Task Force for Recruitment, I too believe that a steady stream of new members is not only desirable, but essential, for this game to bloom. Let us note that the host of this debate recently joined Atlasia himself and has been a very productive member thus far.

Our administration will not take an active role in promoting off-site recruitment. If one wants to advertise on other websites on behalf of Atlasia, I have no problem with that, but I do not think we should be cherry-picking a handful of people.

One thing, however, (and I think everybody will agree with me here) is that we need to be more courteous to people who join the game, particularly in the New Register Thread - if you haven't anything nice, welcoming, and respectful to say, then don't say anything at all. Stuff like this:

Is unacceptable.

Stuff like this:

Welcome to the Northeast! I'm the Lt. Governor, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask me. Also, we have elections for our Regional Assembly coming up in December, and I suggest you run, if you want to hold regional office. Smiley

Is what we should be shooting for.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 10:20:18 PM »

Thanks for having us, Yelnoc!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies