The Independent Vice Presidential Debate (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:34:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Independent Vice Presidential Debate (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Independent Vice Presidential Debate  (Read 2548 times)
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: January 07, 2011, 04:34:22 PM »
« edited: January 08, 2011, 10:45:39 AM by Imperial Speaker Yelnoc »

This debate will run until 9:00pm EST on January 9th (Saturday) at the latest.  Agoojis (Ogis), Dallasfan65, Purple State, and Snowguy are the candidates.  I understand that this was not the best organized debate (this thread is up thirty minutes late) so I am just asking the candidates to get their opening statements up as soon as their are able to.  Once that is of the way we will proceed to the actual debate.

The order of response to the first question will be the reverse of the order of that which the candidates give their opening statements; i.e. if Agooji gives his opening statement first then he will be the last to respond.  For the second question, whoever showed up second will answer first and for the third question whoever showed up first will go first.

Citizens of Atlasia, there is still time for you to write in a question that you would like to see asked!  Just PM it to me and include whether you would like it to be anonymous or with your name attached and I will make sure to read it during the debate.

I believe that is all.  To the candidates; Good Luck!
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 10:52:27 AM »

Now, let us move into the actual debate.  As I'm sure you know, there are rumors, credible rumors, that China may stop funding our massive debt within the very near future.  What would you and your running mate do to prevent this? 

Because not everyone is online, I will not dictate an order in which the candidates much answer this question.  Please answer it as soon as you see it.  You have roughly 2 hours to answer the question; within that each candidate has 1 follow up post they can use as a rebuttal.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 09:10:57 PM »

Wow, today was busier then expected.

Moving on, what is your tickets stance on the deficit?  Will reducing it be a primary or secondary focus (or tertiary?) and what methods are you willing to use to get us out of the deep red?
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 08:42:35 AM »

I assumed that the reason rumors that China will stop financing our debt indicated that we have a massive debt; otherwise there would be little panic.  This game needs an easy-to-access history of GM events; that is much more important then "politics". 

If you are not a Vice Presidential candidate (or myself, of course) do not post in this thread.  Thank you.

Question #3: What is your personal view on offsite recruitment to the game and will it be a feature of "your" administration?  Format is the same as last time.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 04:51:21 PM »

Thank you.  Going back to the economy, the Atlasian unemployment rate is at record highs.  What would "your" administration do to get more Atlasians to work.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2011, 08:57:42 PM »

Thank you all for your time.  The first Vice-Presidential debate is closed.  Good luck to all of you in the race ahead.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies