North Carolina Teabaggers resegregate schools (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:33:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  North Carolina Teabaggers resegregate schools (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: North Carolina Teabaggers resegregate schools  (Read 8726 times)
Frink
Lafayette53
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.39, S: -6.17

« on: January 13, 2011, 12:57:28 AM »
« edited: January 13, 2011, 01:02:09 AM by Frink »

Am I missing something, I don't see the part where it says that back children are not allowed in the same schools? I disagree with them, but there is no racism here, moron.

Segregation does not need to be statutory to be segregation.
Frink
Lafayette53
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.39, S: -6.17

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 01:56:14 AM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Sure it is; its just not segregation enforceable by statute. If one group of people all attend one school and a separate group of people all attend another the groups are still segregated from on another.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

If certain people and community groups based in Raleigh feel strongly about this why do you care if they complain? There are a great deal of people (or organizations who have an image to upkeep Wink) who could be hurt by this decision and if they want to exercise their constitutional right to complain about a policy that may worsen things for their kids or at least somewhat impact their lives.

Secondly, you wouldn't call the policies in your neighborhood segregation, thats fine, but if the policy essentially amounts to resegregation (once again, I'd have to see the specifics of their districting plan and know a hell of a lot more about Raleigh in general) why shouldn't people call the policy out for what its logical conclusion (if, again, not intent) is? Particularly given that if the system is particularly strict about its districting policies and has rigidly gerrymandered neighborhood districts it could essentially amount to something quite close to that.

I'm far from convinced on the merits of either system, for the record, but Mint is still spot on when he says that the trend towards less diverse schools is not a good development.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies