North Carolina Teabaggers resegregate schools (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:46:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  North Carolina Teabaggers resegregate schools (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: North Carolina Teabaggers resegregate schools  (Read 8722 times)
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: January 12, 2011, 07:33:59 PM »

The wackos are at it again. Make no mistake, this what they mean when they say "Taking America Back". Take the country back to 1955 is what they mean.

Ah yes, those wonderful days of 90% taxation on the top 1%, high union membership and.. Wait, why do liberals hate the '50s again?
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 07:37:19 PM »

Ah yes, those wonderful days of 90% taxation on the top 1%, high union membership and.. Wait, why do liberals hate the '50s again?

Because a significant segment of the population had no rights whatsoever.

That's not a problem for a significant segment of this board though.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 12:22:04 AM »

Because a significant segment of the population had no rights whatsoever.

That's not a problem for a significant segment of this board though.

Yeah, because who cares about other people!

I was thinking about a few red avatars other than you, friend.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 12:26:14 AM »

I'm tempted to report this thread for its highly misleading title. But I'm not that petty. I see no need to bus kids all over town. Strong neighborhoods schools are key local institutions that are particularly vital in underserved communities. Whatever the merits of such, it is certainly not "resegregation." This is how schools in most communities operate.

That's true but in practice it means that we have less racially diverse schools than anytime since the late 60s. Clearly not a good development.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2011, 12:47:18 AM »

The wackos are at it again. Make no mistake, this what they mean when they say "Taking America Back". Take the country back to 1955 is what they mean.

Uh, McCarthyism? Also the insanely backward values in society at the time (Seriously imagine if it were controversial for women to go to college or have jobs today.) and the horrid growth of suburbia.

I thought it was pretty obvious who I was strawmanning but oh well. I guess even responding to troll threads in kind backfires when people don't get it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies