North Carolina Teabaggers resegregate schools (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:21:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  North Carolina Teabaggers resegregate schools (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: North Carolina Teabaggers resegregate schools  (Read 8723 times)
Mr. Taft Republican
Taft4Prez
United States

« on: January 12, 2011, 08:02:52 PM »

The article is actually very misleading, the elections are non-partisan, hence nobody voted "Republican", overall, I'd say Wake gets what it deserves. I followed that damn election, they didn't hide a thing they were going to do, in fact they were open about it. Their opponents said the same thing most on this thread are saying right now.

They were elected on this program, no one should all of a sudden be "Oh noes!"
Mr. Taft Republican
Taft4Prez
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 01:58:03 PM »

This has nothing to do with race, money, or segregation, and everything to do with parents not wanting their kids randomly bused all over the district to schools that are no where near their homes.

How are the neighborhoods down around Wake?  Are most neighborhoods racially and socio-economically diverse?

Not the most diverse, but more than the overall nation.
Mr. Taft Republican
Taft4Prez
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 02:31:59 PM »

This has nothing to do with race, money, or segregation, and everything to do with parents not wanting their kids randomly bused all over the district to schools that are no where near their homes.

How are the neighborhoods down around Wake?  Are most neighborhoods racially and socio-economically diverse?

Not the most diverse, but more than the overall nation.

So it should follow that the schools are quite and sufficiently diverse without the need for cross-district busing.  Right?
You'd think, but it doesn't stop them from seeing "problems" with a lack of diversity. If its in their minds, I think they create the problems themselves. Damn politicians.
Mr. Taft Republican
Taft4Prez
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 09:32:14 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Are you dense? How can this be a board elected by the Tea Party and associated with the Tea Party, when the efforts to oust the old board (by WakeCares) started back in 2007, before the Tea Party was even conceived.

This is nothing but libtard spin from an idiot who knows nothing of the local issues involved.

Dude, chillout and don't make it so damn personal.

He meant that everyone in the Tea Party now existed prior to its founding, and held the exact same beliefs that led them to join. So its likely that the people now assosciated with the tea party voted in the Wake County schooboard. (Am I getting it right fezzy?)

And no, I don't know what goes on in Wake County, there isn't a snowballs chance in hell a "conservative" schoolboard is getting elected over here in OC. I followed that election, heard all the sides, and eff the Independent, amirite?
Mr. Taft Republican
Taft4Prez
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2011, 08:38:32 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Are you dense? How can this be a board elected by the Tea Party and associated with the Tea Party, when the efforts to oust the old board (by WakeCares) started back in 2007, before the Tea Party was even conceived.

This is nothing but libtard spin from an idiot who knows nothing of the local issues involved.
He meant that everyone in the Tea Party now existed prior to its founding, and held the exact same beliefs that led them to join. So its likely that the people now assosciated with the tea party voted in the Wake County schooboard. (Am I getting it right fezzy?)

Yup, that's a good way of spelling it out for everyone to comprehend. Tongue

The real issue I take with this is that I don't buy the bullshiz reasoning.  I could understand if this was an actually impactful action.  The thing is that this is another one of the nonsensical, disconnected reactions to the "budget crisis".  That's been used as an excuse to enact all kinds of completely unrelated changes for the worse.  The crap the Tea Party has been touting as its revolutionary changes are transparent and insulting.  Bus costs are just another one of those inexplicably useless fiscal changes being made for ulterior motives.  It's simply intellectually dishonest to suggest this change is being made for any reason other than the discomfort of having to send our pristine white children to school with those dirty blacks.  I know it's largely accepted that we don't have to deal with race anymore, but it's as much of an issue now as it has been for decades...if not more.  If anyone can spell out a sensible reason why this action is necessary beyond any other budgetary changes possible, I'll immediately give them credit and admit to being a race baiter.
Never let a crises go to waste? I never saw the point in busing kids, I think it would be better if we all went to the school cosest to us. In Texas  would have been shipped to a school 30 minutes away when there was another one within walking distance. And with gas prices the way they are, it may seem like sh**tty reasoning, but it makes some sense that the longer we have our buses on the go, the more fuel they eat up, and on and on.

Even then, we should look for better solutions within the schools themselves. Every teacher in the district has a "Smartboard" which is basically a glorified white board for any teachers except math ones. They shouldhave stopped paying for the implementation and training in the use of those godawful things, would've saved tons.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies