Pacific Supreme Council Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:43:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Pacific Supreme Council Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Pacific Supreme Council Thread  (Read 25100 times)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« on: January 13, 2011, 08:02:47 AM »

Congratulations to or new councilors, I hope you will enjoy your new job. Smiley
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 12:26:33 PM »

On a side-note, I'm starting to find the tandem of the Council passing things and the Assembly voting them down very interesting.

The problem is that there are only 3 people voting in the Assembly. If you councilors could vote (which would be logicals since you are citizens), the bills would pass.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 04:32:26 AM »

On a side-note, I'm starting to find the tandem of the Council passing things and the Assembly voting them down very interesting.

The problem is that there are only 3 people voting in the Assembly. If you councilors could vote (which would be logicals since you are citizens), the bills would pass.

But that kind of kills the idea of one person, one vote, doesn't it?  We need to push for more active citizen involvement in the Assembly.

Each person has one vote in the Assembly, so I don't see where is the problem. In every country, Representatives or other legislators have the right to vote for referendums that involve the whole people.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2011, 09:40:35 AM »

But that kind of kills the idea of one person, one vote, doesn't it?  We need to push for more active citizen involvement in the Assembly.

Each person has one vote in the Assembly, so I don't see where is the problem. In every country, Representatives or other legislators have the right to vote for referendums that involve the whole people.

It is however, in technicality, a bicarmeal legislature.  And the bill states that one man, one vote through the whole process, which is a very democratic way of doing it.

Personally, I find this tandem to be good for the region as for the first time in months, we are actually having active debate regarding bills. Tongue

Still, considering the level of inactivity in our region, this leaves two or three people the possibility to block any legislative proposal. There were more votes cast in the restricted, elected house than in the universal, illimited one.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies