Pacific Supreme Council Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:58:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Pacific Supreme Council Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Pacific Supreme Council Thread  (Read 25099 times)
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« on: January 13, 2011, 02:57:58 PM »

*feels warm and fuzzy*

A real change for the better in our region, I think. Smiley
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 02:28:25 PM »

I think it's fairly clear that the Council is well to the right of the region in general, although I'm not sure why that's the case.

Well there were only four candidates, and two of them are arguably to the right of the region in general, so... Tongue
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 03:55:04 PM »

I'd actually run if I wasn't partaking in the other campaign. Grin
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 04:27:55 PM »

I know I'm probably breaching protocol by posting in here, but I had no idea that places in Americ Atlasia display prices without tax included. Do people have to mentally work out the full price before paying? Huh

One of the nation's weirder quirks, if so, and this bill has the Governor's full support.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2011, 05:57:40 PM »

I know I'm probably breaching protocol by posting in here, but I had no idea that places in Americ Atlasia display prices without tax included. Do people have to mentally work out the full price before paying? Huh

One of the nation's weirder quirks, if so, and this bill has the Governor's full support.

Yeah, all prices are pre-tax.

But... why?
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2011, 06:38:38 PM »

Yeah, all prices are pre-tax.

But... why?

I'm not really sure, but I think it has to do with the non-uniformity of sales tax rates from city-to-city and county-to-county.

That's actually very interesting, thanks for the information. Smiley

The more you know...
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2011, 05:10:52 PM »

FYI, I'm planning on introducing a (relatively) minor government re-tweaking bill soon, which would create fixed terms for the Justice gig and, more relevantly, reduce the size of the Council by a seat.

What say you?
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2011, 08:27:25 PM »

I think the Justice should be elected, have a life term, but can be recalled by a majority of of the citizens. but thats just me.
FYI, I'm planning on introducing a (relatively) minor government re-tweaking bill soon, which would create fixed terms for the Justice gig and, more relevantly, reduce the size of the Council by a seat.

What say you?

That's fine by me. The mechanism for selecting the Justice could go either way in my opinion.

My reasoning is that this is a game, and the time scale is obviously pretty compact, so life terms aren't exactly plausible. This also gives future Governors a chance to shake things up a bit (or retain the Justice if they're doing a good job as I have a hunch my presumptive appointee will Wink). I'm hoping to introduce the same thing for the national Supreme Court if I get into the Senate, incidentally.

I should have the bill ready in a couple of days. All fairly minor stuff.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2011, 03:09:01 PM »

Not really my place to say, but since I was the one who introduced it I guess I can provide a comment. Tongue

The Council is, I think, an interesting idea, and was a bit of fun, but if it doesn't work and you guys want to disband it I'll vote in favour. Still, it was worth a try, I think. Smiley

The regions are made for democratic experiments like this, and they don't always work out, but it was interesting.

Maybe when the region gets more members we can resurrect it. Wink
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2011, 07:22:35 PM »

Just popping in to note that a big - maybe the big - advantage of the Council, IMO, is that it'd provide a way for new members to get into electoral politics. And obviously attracting new members to the region is a priority.

*flees back to the Northeast*
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies