Pacific Supreme Council Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:30:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Pacific Supreme Council Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Pacific Supreme Council Thread  (Read 25106 times)
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: January 13, 2011, 01:38:02 AM »

Should we elect a President Pro-Tempor or a Speaker or something? (Not to try and steal a certain Lt Gov's job Tongue )
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 09:19:12 PM »

Anyone want to debate the rules provided by Archangel?
I think it is ready for a vote, if we are gonna vote on it that is.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 11:54:52 PM »

Aye
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 01:28:15 PM »

Perhaps we would have the money to fund that medical stuff if the region did not fund friggan  abortions where rape, incest, or life of mother being at stake are not involved. I can see where you guys are coming from as far as having the right to choose, I strongly disagree with how you look at it, but I can still see where you are coming from. What I cannot understand is how people derive some right out of nowhere to have the region 100% fund the abortions of spoiled brats trying to get out of taking responsibility for their actions.

If you could amend the bill to cover the costs by cutting the spending in places like that, that is just ridiculous, instead of raising taxes that would hurt poor people I would support it. Lets face it, the items being taxed are addictive, so most people will still be buying them, and poor people would not be an exception.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2011, 08:38:11 PM »

nay
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2011, 04:00:30 AM »

The two following bills are of some concern to me.  Yes, I personally disapprove of abortion, but there are many other factors to take into effect.  Will the child grow up in a safe and comfortable environment?  Are these people really ready to parent?   Can these folks be able to support a child without massive government assistance?  No is often the answer to these questions.  Although I find any sort of abortion disgusting, the consequence(s) of banning them from our coverage could do even more damage in the long run.   
Adoption, foster care, orphanages ect are all much better options than death. It is not right to punish the unborn for the shortcomings of their parents.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2011, 11:36:40 AM »

I fully support the latter two bills that realistic introduced, but I am not sold on the 1st.

While I was governor/Emperor of the SE/IDS we brought in sweeping economic reforms that made the region a great place for new businesses. Lowered some taxes, abolished others, and gave credits to new businesses getting started. Now this bill would add an additional tax on top of old ones after just raising taxes on other various items in the previous bill. My point is that we will be chasing jobs out of our region and into places like the IDS.

And also the economy isn't exactly great at the moment, higher taxes like this and the previous bill can be paid for by big businesses, but the smaller local businesses that may be struggling already will suffer.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2011, 02:34:04 PM »

I fully support the latter two bills that realistic introduced, but I am not sold on the 1st.

While I was governor/Emperor of the SE/IDS we brought in sweeping economic reforms that made the region a great place for new businesses. Lowered some taxes, abolished others, and gave credits to new businesses getting started. Now this bill would add an additional tax on top of old ones after just raising taxes on other various items in the previous bill. My point is that we will be chasing jobs out of our region and into places like the IDS.

And also the economy isn't exactly great at the moment, higher taxes like this and the previous bill can be paid for by big businesses, but the smaller local businesses that may be struggling already will suffer.

I honestly wouldn't be disappointed if we chased prositution jobs out of the region. Tongue

That said, if you have specific tax cut proposals, you are welcome to introduce them.
Easier said than done, I don't anything passing the assembly if it means tax cuts that affect those bourgeoisie pigs. Tongue

I'll see if I have time to write up something later.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2011, 12:42:57 AM »

Taxation of Prostitution Act: Nay
Amendment to the Public Funding of Abortion Act: Aye
Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act: Aye
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2011, 01:02:04 PM »
« Edited: January 27, 2011, 01:56:21 PM by Pacific Councilor Jbrase »

I would like to introduce this.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Grin

this should have no problem passing the assembly
(relax Ebowed, I'm just messing with you.)
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2011, 11:27:43 AM »

It is a crime that mothers should be forced into slavery like this. The only responsible option is to allow a safe abortion of the..well, lets say parasite because they cannot survive off on their own yet, up until the 55th trimester.

We cannot in good conscience allow these parasites to keep these women from going to school and living out all of their lives dreams. There even a few cases when these parasites go crazy and threaten the life of the mother. Only a heartless person would vote against The Happy Fun Progressive Act.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2011, 01:43:06 AM »

It is a crime that mothers should be forced into slavery like this. The only responsible option is to allow a safe abortion of the..well, lets say parasite because they cannot survive off on their own yet, up until the 55th trimester.

We cannot in good conscience allow these parasites to keep these women from going to school and living out all of their lives dreams. There even a few cases when these parasites go crazy and threaten the life of the mother. Only a heartless person would vote against The Happy Fun Progressive Act.

Can we just legalize murder and get it over with? Tongue
How dare you sire, murder is a disgusting and barbaric thing. Angry This however is very much  different because they are small and defenseless and cannot survive off on their own yet, so these parasites clearly deserve no rights.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2011, 01:56:05 AM »

Which brings me back to, why are we raising taxes in economic bad times? On top of the monstrosity in the senate right now we would have to change the title to "Chase those Bourgeoisie pigs and the business to Switzerland! Act"
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2011, 02:02:07 AM »

What about rich people? Aren't they parasites who leech off of the poor?

How so? unless we are talking about the Ancien Regime in France or something like that.

And how dare you, those are people you are talking about. I am only talking about the parasites ages -9 months to around 11 or so yrs that keep these poor helpless women in slavery against their will.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2011, 02:23:38 AM »

I'm sorry, but as long as the region wastes its money willingly on things like elective friggan abortions, I refuse to vote to raise taxes one cent. We cannot complain about being short on cash to cover things when we a shoveling it away on stupid things.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2011, 04:21:59 PM »

Which brings me back to, why are we raising taxes in economic bad times? On top of the monstrosity in the senate right now we would have to change the title to "Chase those Bourgeoisie pigs and the business to Switzerland! Act"

Maybe, but it's either that or cutting goodies like transportation and local health care subsidies. And average CEO profits have risen from 70 times the minimum wage to 800 in the last 30 years, so maybe....

Or we could just run a deficit. I think that's allowed.

All right, I guess. 
Or we could cut spending where we have no business spending to begin with......
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2011, 05:20:14 PM »

I'm sorry, but as long as the region wastes its money willingly on things like elective friggan abortions, I refuse to vote to raise taxes one cent. We cannot complain about being short on cash to cover things when we a shoveling it away on stupid things.
That would be nice place to start. I'm sure we can find others if we look
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2011, 01:14:36 AM »

That would be nice place to start. I'm sure we can find others if we look

Elective abortions cover many 1st trimester abortions as well, when the fetus doesn't even have a heartbeat.  And abortion shouldn't make up a very large fraction of the budget anyways.  It doesn't really make sense on fiscal or moral grounds to cut all publicly funded abortions.
Key word was elective.
As much as I want to stop it all, I know certain people in the region would have a hissy fit if we stopped subsidizing murder. But does really matter how much? Wasteful spending is still wasteful spending. But like I said, we could probably find better examples and more places to cut if we look through the wiki.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2011, 12:53:39 AM »

I support his, but I was un-aware they couldn't already Huh
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2011, 02:49:26 AM »
« Edited: February 07, 2011, 01:14:44 AM by Pacific Councilor Jbrase »

I introduce this
You must be logged in to read this quote.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2011, 01:23:02 AM »

You been watching the newest season of Big Love, Jbrase? Tongue
Lol, no. As much as the Mormons set themselves up for jokes, The Sodom and Gomorrah Act is nothing but bullying. 
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2011, 05:45:42 PM »
« Edited: February 09, 2011, 02:34:48 PM by Pacific Councilor Jbrase »

Can we begin debate on my bill? (I am assuming fuzzy's is withdrawn due to federal law)
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2011, 02:39:40 PM »

Ok, It appears to have at least 3 aye votes, I motion to move this to a vote and perhaps with some divine intervention the  Assemblée de Extrémistes will pass this bill.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2011, 12:58:11 AM »

CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2011, 03:48:25 PM »

On a side note, I would ask all my colleagues to re-consider their aye's on the current amendment being voted on by the region. It may look nice and pretty but it nevertheless weakens the Regions. I know 2/3 is alot but regardless, we can't allow amendments to go around regions like this. Sure the current set up is kinda strict, but think about it, this forces those who write the amendments to work with all sides to make it a more agreeable amendment so that it can pass in at least 4 regions.

That said I ask that you all reconsider your votes.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies