Waiting lists of future survivors / Options on new ones / Available or not (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:45:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  Survivor
  Waiting lists of future survivors / Options on new ones / Available or not (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Waiting lists of future survivors / Options on new ones / Available or not  (Read 68783 times)
Vazdul (Formerly Chairman of the Communist Party of Ontario)
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« on: March 24, 2011, 03:07:29 AM »

Would there be any interest in a survivor on dog breeds? It would use the list of breeds recognized by the American Kennel Club, which would be divided into two groups. If there is sufficient interest, I'll ask for it to be added to the waiting list.
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 04:31:37 AM »

As my Futurama characters doesn't seem to be very popular,
as, anyway, the list is a bit hard to set for the moment, given the fact I'm pretty busy,

I delete my option on it, but will start later today 2 new off-topic survivors (hughento and Obamanation are silent on their own):

Modern Latin alphabet
and
Arabic digits

I seem to recall you did something similar a tiny bit over a year ago.
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 03:41:12 PM »

I must be becoming mad, but I vaguely recall something too, but I don't find anything, neither in the "database" of this sub-board, nor by searching the forum.

Was it a failed attempt ? or was it only an idea ? or a thread deleted by an angry mod before the survivormaniacs were "deported" here ?

Anyway, as there is no mark for more than one year, it's allowed to (re)start them Wink.

It was an April Fool's joke that you deleted yourself after one day.
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 03:56:00 PM »

I'm really an "automatic" genius ! Grin (no, don't try to understand...)

But I do understand. You're obviously a robot! Tongue
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2011, 07:53:59 PM »

Well, since my 90th Congress US Senate survivor is a total failure, I'm thinking of starting a new one for years of the 20th Century. What do you guys think?
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2011, 11:27:33 AM »

Hi. I've only started looking around this board since the past few days, but is there any interest for a dominant parties survivor?

If I did this, it would be quite ambitious and would play very differently from most survivors, so I would like to know if there are any rules on the conduct of them.

There are a couple of general unwritten rules. First, don't fix the results, because that will piss everybody off. Secondly, rounds should last at least 24 hours so that people who can only log in once per day can still participate. On a survivor of the scale you are suggesting, I recommend even longer rounds so that people have time to do some research.

Other than that, the manager of the survivor has free rein to set his own rules.
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2011, 06:21:17 PM »

No one thought about doing 'hurt and heal' lists?

Every option starts off with 10 points. You can vote to 'hurt' one (minus 1 point) and to 'heal' one (plus 1) each road (you can also do two per group etc)

So if Smith is hurt, hurt, heal, heal, heal for example he goes from 10 to 9 to 10 to 11. If they get to 0 when the round is over or are the lowest, they can be eliminated.

God, I hate those. Please, just no.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies