Senator Bysiewicz?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:38:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Senator Bysiewicz?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Senator Bysiewicz?  (Read 2774 times)
Progressive
jro660

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 18, 2011, 12:22:52 PM »

Yes or No. Explain.

I say no. I don't think she'll win in the primary. Though I'd support her in the GE.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 01:09:41 PM »

God, no. She's a flake.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 01:32:46 PM »

No way, she is a joke. She's been terrible at every job she's had. I would never vote for her for anything! You should read about all of her disgusting mishandlings during the recent election and her laughable attempt at running for AG. She has worked hard to not make herself a credible and competent officeholder time and time again.

In fact, if it was her vs. Lieberman vs. Simmons, I would vote for Rob Simmons. And if it were her vs. Lieberman vs. McMahon then I would vote Green.
Capitan Zapp Brannigan
Addicted to Politics

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 01:46:03 PM »

I still think Murphy is the favorite for the nomination.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 01:48:31 PM »

I still think Murphy is the favorite for the nomination.

It will be either Murphy or Courtney.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 01:56:55 PM »

No, she isnt going to be Senator, ever.  She was barely a credible candidate for SoS, and Connecticut has a bench full of democrats who can easily win a Senate seat. If she were to run, she would probably be embarassed by a landslide primary loss.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2011, 02:14:56 PM »

No, she isnt going to be Senator, ever.  She was barely a credible candidate for SoS, and Connecticut has a bench full of democrats who can easily win a Senate seat. If she were to run, she would probably be embarassed by a landslide primary loss.

This, and I think Bysiewicz was too badly damaged by her attempt to run for AG in '10. She came off looking like an unscrupulous opportunist.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2011, 03:50:03 PM »

This, and I think Bysiewicz was too badly damaged by her attempt to run for AG in '10. She came off looking like an unscrupulous opportunist.

People were stupid enough to vote for her because she ran for an office nobody cares about. If she ran for re-election this year, won in a landslide, and ran for Senate in 2012, she would lose. She just isnt THAT electable, and I know that sounds stupid. Her best bet would be to just stay retired, and pretend to be a Lawyer.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2011, 03:53:48 PM »

Supposedly Lieberman is announcing his retirement tomorrow, so whoever wins the primary should have a pretty clear path to election.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2011, 04:07:49 PM »

I dont think he is going to retire. He's goin to either delay the announcment with some fancy yankee connecticut speaking, or will just say he is running.
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2011, 04:08:46 PM »

Why not Rosa De Lauro?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2011, 04:10:34 PM »

Roll Eyes
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2011, 04:14:55 PM »

Aside from that, she'd be 69 years old by election day. A little old to be starting a career in the Senate.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2011, 04:15:39 PM »

Because she looks like a little boy. That, and she isnt very electable in the primary. CT is going to pick a new Senator for life, so they will probably go with someone young. I feel like Chris Murphy is going to be running, but I hope that maybe someone like Ryan Bingham from Torrington runs on the Republican side.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2011, 04:49:53 PM »

that would be awesome because the news networks would give us so many wrong pronunciations of her name.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2011, 04:51:31 PM »

that would be awesome because the news networks would give us so many wrong pronunciations of her name.

Her name is surpsingly easy to pronounce once you hear it. But the fun part is to mispronounce it on purpose, and she flips.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2011, 06:45:39 PM »

People were stupid enough to vote for her because she ran for an office nobody cares about. If she ran for re-election this year, won in a landslide, and ran for Senate in 2012, she would lose. She just isnt THAT electable, and I know that sounds stupid. Her best bet would be to just stay retired, and pretend to be a Lawyer.

Well, she tweeted that she's running.  She has to be the worst possible candidate Connecticut Democrats could possibly run.  Incompetent, hackish and unelectable.  I doubt she has even the remotest chance to win the primary - but stranger things have happened.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2011, 06:55:30 PM »

Because she looks like a little boy. That, and she isnt very electable in the primary. CT is going to pick a new Senator for life, so they will probably go with someone young. I feel like Chris Murphy is going to be running, but I hope that maybe someone like Ryan Bingham from Torrington runs on the Republican side.

Bingham is too young to be Senator. He will be 29 in 2012.

AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2011, 07:02:39 PM »

Bingham is too young to be Senator. He will be 29 in 2012.

obvious words are obvious.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2011, 07:03:38 PM »

Well then, who are you thinking of? John McKinney?
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2011, 07:25:27 PM »

Well then, who are you thinking of? John McKinney?

Someone McKinneyish I guess. But we have a few younger Republicans in positions like Bingham, who are just at that perfect age to run. Hell, Dan Debicella would be an intersting candidate. He wouldnt win, but it would be someone I could support.

The CT GOP makes it soo difficult for me to support anyone we run state-wide.
BillyW
Rookie
United States

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2011, 07:40:25 AM »

That picture looks like Rosa has two adama apples
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies