France 2012: the official thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 11:01:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  France 2012: the official thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 ... 87
Author Topic: France 2012: the official thread  (Read 359431 times)
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1375 on: February 08, 2012, 10:40:42 AM »

Moroccan: H 35%, V 28%
Tunisian: S 19%, V 18%, J 18%, H 9%

Ahn?!?!?!

V de Villepin?
WTF?

Villepin was born in Rabat, but I suspect a useless tiny sample size. Unless you folks know something about Franco-Tunisians/Moroccans I don't.

The Polish stuff seems weird too.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1376 on: February 09, 2012, 12:52:48 PM »

Wasn't it a bit hasty to switch from 20 to 25% in weighting ? The rythm of polls doesn't seem to have accelerated much since last month.
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1377 on: February 09, 2012, 05:05:36 PM »

Wasn't it a bit hasty to switch from 20 to 25% in weighting ? The rythm of polls doesn't seem to have accelerated much since last month.

Oh, it has in fact: I've still 3 polls to publish on my blog Tongue
22 polls are currently in the tracker, with a total sample of 13,904 RVs !!!

And, what is more, we have now one more event each week. So the rhythm of the campaign justifies this new weighting.

And it will change again on the 20th of February, which will be quite fine, since Sarkozy will probably have declared himself at this date (or will be about to do it). So, I'm pretty satisfied of my weightings so far Grin
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1378 on: February 09, 2012, 05:15:47 PM »

Damn you, why didn't you publish them already ! Angry

Anyways, stay prudent. 25% might be fine, but if you raise it further the tracker could be subject to heavy and meaningless swings. Let's keep some correction based on past results until the very last days of the campaign.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #1379 on: February 09, 2012, 05:18:39 PM »

People care more about boring polls in the most boring election than about my whole demographic stats? Sad
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1380 on: February 09, 2012, 05:52:59 PM »

People care more about boring polls in the most boring election than about my whole demographic stats? Sad

I looked through them, of course. Smiley Anyways, I'm a poll junkie and even if it's totally meaningless I look with great interest to any new movement in polling numbers.
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1381 on: February 10, 2012, 05:56:18 AM »

Damn you, why didn't you publish them already ! Angry

Anyways, stay prudent. 25% might be fine, but if you raise it further the tracker could be subject to heavy and meaningless swings. Let's keep some correction based on past results until the very last days of the campaign.

Published yesterday night Wink

Well, I also need not to have excessive delays in swings or new trends. I'll see, but for the moment, I stick to my changes in weightings.

As for Hash's numbers, well, they are impressive, but not quite expected and not very original.

The only numbers that can be surprising are:

- for hunters, the leftism is even greater than expected, and might explain that Nihous is so low in polls. Sure, hunters are really not from Sologne Tongue

- for Moroccans and Tunisians, it's probably just statistical noise, but it can be explained by the "chiraco-gaullism": being anti-US (or viewed as such) is probably popular with Arabs (at least with Arabs in more "enlightened" context, hence the bad result for Villepin among Algerians, who anyway can't be fans of gaullism...)

- for Polish and Portuguese, Sarkozy can probably thank the weakness of Boutin and the fact that there is no candidate able to carry Catholic values.

- the difference between Pieds-Noirs and their children is no surprise, but is very interesting.

- among civil servants, territorial ones are the more leftist and that's again no surprise, but it's interesting to see it confirmed.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1382 on: February 10, 2012, 06:09:02 AM »

When you get new poll results, I'd be grateful if you could publish them in these thread as soon as possible. It is understandable that you need time to write a full analysis to post on your blog, but here you'd only need to give us the rough numbers.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #1383 on: February 11, 2012, 03:58:12 PM »

Probably not Porte d'Eau materiel. Sad
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1384 on: February 11, 2012, 04:00:41 PM »

GAME CHANGER
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1385 on: February 11, 2012, 06:51:43 PM »

I don't think so, frankly: remember how many times Royal's flat was "visited" ? Tongue
Only the loonies face break-in, it seems Grin
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1386 on: February 11, 2012, 06:53:09 PM »

When you get new poll results, I'd be grateful if you could publish them in these thread as soon as possible. It is understandable that you need time to write a full analysis to post on your blog, but here you'd only need to give us the rough numbers.

I don't have enough time. Usually, they are published quite quickly on my blog (and readable even for our non-French friends Wink).
You kip if you want to...
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #1387 on: February 12, 2012, 08:53:44 PM »

Sarko on gay marriage:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I don't think i've ever read anything so populist. "In these troubled times", eugh, troll President.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1388 on: February 13, 2012, 08:05:28 AM »

There is a big mistake in your translation.

a besoin de repères= needs some landmarks.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #1389 on: February 13, 2012, 10:57:25 AM »

Sarkozy is basically running really far on the right, having failed to understand that FN voters in 2007 didn't vote for him because he could say xenophobic stuff, but rather because they liked his record in government. If you look at 2007 polls, you'll see that his big shazaam about an Immigration Ministry actually turned off FN voters, while concrete stuff like thre Gare du Nord riots turned them on.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1390 on: February 13, 2012, 12:41:03 PM »

Hard to believe, but it seems than candidate Sarkozy manages to be more incompetent than president Sarkozy.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1391 on: February 13, 2012, 02:09:53 PM »

Yeah, if you are unlucky enough to hear the french news, you'll learn how or Interior Minister said that "all civilizations aren't worth the same", or how Sarko announced he would call referendums on unemployment's indemnization and on immigration rights. He is desperate, and he thinks that by looking like a xenophobe he will reconquer the FN's electorate and reproduce his 2007 exploit. I don't know if one should laugh at so much stupidity or cry at so much lack of principles.

Bottom line : it is impossible for any sound person not to loath such a pathetic, petty, shameless politician. Any right-winger with a minimum of principles should seriously start consider other voting options in 2007.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1392 on: February 13, 2012, 02:43:46 PM »

Bottom line : it is impossible for any sound person not to loath such a pathetic, petty, shameless politician. Any right-winger with a minimum of principles should seriously start consider other voting options in 2007.

Oh, I hear about that even here. I'm following French politics, you know.
And, I know a French right-centrist which is considering other options since a while.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1393 on: February 13, 2012, 02:49:28 PM »

His position on gay marriage is obvious.

In exchange, Boutin (the French Santorum) endorsed her.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1394 on: February 13, 2012, 03:21:05 PM »

Oh, I hear about that even here. I'm following French politics, you know.
And, I know a French right-centrist which is considering other options since a while.

I was refering to a certain French right-winger who often posts in this thread. Wink

And yeah, also part of his strategy is blocking any right-wing/center-right candidate from running. Hence pressures on Borloo supporters when he was considering a run, buying back all of Morin's former supporters, and now this pandering to Boutin. He is obsessed with his 1st round results, probably thinking he will get some momentum from a good performance, and forgets that the real problem is his inability to attract moderates in general (which means that former Borloo voters have flown to Bayrou and even Hollande rather than him).
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #1395 on: February 13, 2012, 03:25:02 PM »

Just to illustrate my point:

At any rate, there is 0 chance that I'll vote for Sarkozy in the runoff. I might have voted for him, but he was nice enough to remind me that his cabinet includes Petainistes, that he's always a faux populist and now he's proven to me that he hates freedom and is a moralfag. I'll probably write in Rick Perry.
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1396 on: February 13, 2012, 06:51:06 PM »

2012 Big Bad Tracker #41 - 13 February 2012   

Each opinion poll is weighted with its sample and loses 25% of its weight each week: it will be the case until mid-February.            

Hollande   30,51
Sarkozy   24,66
Le Pen   17,82
Bayrou   12,6
Mélenchon   7,84
Joly   2,79
Villepin   1,39
Morin   0,35
Lepage   0,28
Dupont-Aignan   0,58
Boutin   0,18
Nihous   0,15
Arthaud   0,49
Poutou   0,23
Chevènement   0,14
Cheminade   0,00

Hollande   57,53
Sarkozy   42,47

BVA has started to test Cheminade, so I include him in my tracker. He can only go up Tongue
But having a LaRouchist in this tracker is enough to make me feel "happy" (I mean "amused": don't make any mistake, I despise Cheminade)... After all, now that I know I've lost "my" candidate and that my second round candidate is doomed with a failed strategy... Sad

So, Boutin is out. Morin is set to drop this week too.
Even Villepin seems to have lost some enthusiasm.
I don't believe Lepage wants really to be a candidate.
And Nihous really seems to have difficulties in gathering signatures from mayors.
After, maybe we'll have only Dupont-Aignan, Arthaud and Poutou as small candidates.

The older I grow, the more Catholic I am.
I'm really disgusted by the leftist paradigm of medias and of teachers. I deeply believe that this modern or post-modern left, having destroyed the old 3rd Republic school, is the best ally of this mass-consumption capitalism which is only looking for stupid consumers.
I deeply believe that we are already in a society of genetic manipulations, of merchandization of the human body, of "good old" euthanasia like the 1930s Sweden, that we'll soon be forbidden to keep our children at home.
I deeply believe that all these so-called social advances are only the other face of our deep moral decline due to mass capitalism. It's only two sides of materialism.

And so, you know, how can I pick a candidate ?!?
I'm completely lost in the current political landscape.
Sarkozy is now a weird mix of rightist populism, of so-called colbertism and of some stupid reaganesque policies.
Boutin, who is a bit mad on a personal level, has dropped her bid.
Bayrou is a loony, who has betrayed his old political tradition and is unable to decide on anything.
Hollande is personally respectable, but is backed by all those leftists (please read "gauchistes", not "hommes et femmes de gauche"), especially the young ones, that are a real moral danger: Hamon, Bruno Julliard, Hammadie, Lienemann, Delanoë, Lebranchu, Aubry, Lang, Dray, Mamère, Joly, Duflot, Contassot, etc. Without any money, the left will only change things on social matters and I can't vote for that.

So, yeah, I'm now a zombie, like in Atlasia Tongue
It has no real importance anymore. President Hollande doesn't need me Wink

Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #1397 on: February 14, 2012, 09:40:18 AM »

I never read the news, but this headline was hilarious:

Le candidat Sarkozy défendra le gouvernement « du peuple, par le peuple et pour le peuple »

I see he's gonna full-blast populist on us.
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1398 on: February 14, 2012, 10:27:28 AM »

Morin is about to rally Sarkozy, without being able to influence his plans: Morin has really lost everything...

Some around Borloo wonder why Bayrou doesn't phone Borloo...
Imagine... It would a real event... But Bayrou is Bayrou: alone and proud. But alone.

Unfortunately, this election is as boring as anticipated, whatever we try to do Tongue

I'll probably soon switch to trying to predict Hollande's government and to try to assess who will lead the right after the big defeat.
You kip if you want to...
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #1399 on: February 14, 2012, 10:29:28 AM »

I never read the news, but this headline was hilarious:

Le candidat Sarkozy défendra le gouvernement « du peuple, par le peuple et pour le peuple »

I see he's gonna full-blast populist on us.

Oh Jesus Christ.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 ... 87  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies