Chicago Mayor Election 2011: Emanuel has big lead in Tribune poll (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:41:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Chicago Mayor Election 2011: Emanuel has big lead in Tribune poll (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Chicago Mayor Election 2011: Emanuel has big lead in Tribune poll  (Read 12605 times)
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« on: January 24, 2011, 05:32:06 PM »

I'd be surprised if CMB (hey, same initials as Mr. Burns) won, even without Emanuel in the race. Emanuel-supporting whites would probably shift to Chico. Look at the breakdowns in the poll; despite only getting 16% of the vote, Chico's getting a quarter of the white vote, while CMB's support is almost entirely from black voters.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 06:50:52 PM »

So, did anyone hear that Rahm got knocked off the ballot today by an appellate court?
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 08:14:07 PM »

Rahm can pull a Murkowski and run as a write-in if need be.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 02:16:50 PM »

Can't say I agree with the ruling, there's really no reason Rahm shouldn't be allowed to run if Santorum was allowed to run in Pennsylvania (I didn't intend that as a jab against Phil. OK, maybe a little.)

Didn't he keep an address there though? Has Rahm done that? (I don't know because I've not been following things closely). Different rules in different places as well, o/c.

He has a house in Chicago that he rented out while he was Chief of Staff. The argument is that although he had a residence in the city, he did not actually reside there.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 04:53:17 PM »

A state legislator in Utah recently had to resign because it was discovered he lived outside of his district, but nobody realized it until now.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2011, 07:00:40 PM »

And knowing Politico, it would include something like this: A senior Democratic aide expressed concern at Merkley's choice of socks. "He's wearing argyle. This kind of action could be the beginning of a huge Republican wave."
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2011, 08:56:21 AM »

I'm going to predict a blowout for Rahm.

Rahm - 59
Chico - 16
Braun - 14
Del Valle - 8
Others - 3
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies