Chicago Mayor Election 2011: Emanuel has big lead in Tribune poll (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:35:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Chicago Mayor Election 2011: Emanuel has big lead in Tribune poll (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Chicago Mayor Election 2011: Emanuel has big lead in Tribune poll  (Read 12618 times)
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« on: January 26, 2011, 07:21:27 AM »

Well, after reading Judge Bertina Lampkin's dissent along with Judges Thomas Hoffman and Shelvin Louise Marie Hall's majority opinion, I think I've reversed my opinion here... Just reading the statute wasn't really enough, without getting some of the details of the circumstances to this case, and I find myself agreeing with Lampkin.  The precedent is on Emanuel's side.

Your reading matches what most of the pundits here have been saying. However, the judiciary in IL can be quite political at times - they are elected by party and often slated by party bosses.

In this case, it's worth noting that one very prominent Chicago alderman is backing a candidate other than Rahm. That alderman also has had a very active role in slating judges over the last few decades. That same alderman's wife currently sits on the IL Supreme Court. Not that this means anything ... Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies