Chicago Mayor Election 2011: Emanuel has big lead in Tribune poll (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:17:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Chicago Mayor Election 2011: Emanuel has big lead in Tribune poll (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Chicago Mayor Election 2011: Emanuel has big lead in Tribune poll  (Read 12606 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: January 25, 2011, 01:24:29 AM »

So wait...is it really unlikely that this ruling will be overturned? I've been too busy telling all of my Rahm-hating friends that he'll be back on.

This is too good to be true. Way too good.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 01:03:05 PM »

Can't say I agree with the ruling, there's really no reason Rahm shouldn't be allowed to run if Santorum was allowed to run in Pennsylvania (I didn't intend that as a jab against Phil. OK, maybe a little.)

Roll Eyes
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 01:18:09 PM »

Can't say I agree with the ruling, there's really no reason Rahm shouldn't be allowed to run if Santorum was allowed to run in Pennsylvania (I didn't intend that as a jab against Phil. OK, maybe a little.)

And why shouldn't he have been able to run?

I didn't say he shouldn't, just that his situation was the same as Rahm. Santorum really lived in Virginia, not Pennsylvania. He wasn't in Pennsylvania anymore than Rahm is in Chicago.

That is actually an absolutely blatant lie. Santorum visited each of Pennsylvania's 67 counties at least once each year. I think that's way more than the time Rahm spent in Illinois. Thanks for playing though.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 01:19:28 PM »

Apparently the Supreme Court hasn't decided whether to hear the case or not.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2011, 06:41:25 PM »

Politico could come up with a two page story on Jeff Merkley's choice of socks.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies