Jake Matthews for Northeast Assembly. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:18:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Jake Matthews for Northeast Assembly. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: If the Northeast Assembly Election were to be held today, would you consider voting for Jake Matthews?
Yes

No

Maybe

Undecided

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 20

Author Topic: Jake Matthews for Northeast Assembly.  (Read 9101 times)
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« on: February 03, 2011, 03:57:27 PM »

Would you guys stop harassing him?  Or you can continue, you rehabilitate me more the deeper you dig your hole.  Teddy says that he doesn't have any sockpuppets and that nothing could convince him to return to Atlas or especially Atlasia.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 06:04:37 PM »

I never wanted it, I just thought it would be bad for our party to go without a candidate.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 12:46:52 AM »

I would ask all of those who chant 'small government' to really consider the example I presented in my speech, is it better to have 10 or 50 people with their eyes closed putting in a lightbulb.... the answer is it doesn't matter, in both cases the end result will be broken glass on the floor.

That metaphor makes absolutely no sense at all, but obviously the best results would be with one person screwing in the lightbulb, or (even better), screwing in your own damn lightbulb.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 01:21:46 AM »

I would ask all of those who chant 'small government' to really consider the example I presented in my speech, is it better to have 10 or 50 people with their eyes closed putting in a lightbulb.... the answer is it doesn't matter, in both cases the end result will be broken glass on the floor.

That metaphor makes absolutely no sense at all, but obviously the best results would be with one person screwing in the lightbulb, or (even better), screwing in your own damn lightbulb.

It's the eyes-closed element that's important...

That makes even less sense, but even so one person with his eyes closed can screw in a lightbulb better than any multiple of one person.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2011, 06:11:54 PM »

..and you took back your endorsement of me...

Ah well...

I'm sorry, it's nothing personal, it was really a difficult decision.

Lol, I understand in Atlasia, it's often either someone from your party or someone who actually campaigned for the position.

Anyone want to put odds on whom Polnut will vote for for senate?
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2011, 06:22:22 PM »

Well, at least we have proof now that you're a liar about being in favor of "activity."  Not surprising, given that you've been missing an increasing number of assembly votes, been opening/closing nearly every vote late, not participating in debates, and have even given up your "active" campaign.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2011, 06:50:49 PM »
« Edited: February 17, 2011, 07:15:26 PM by wormyguy »

Well, at least we have proof now that you're a liar about being in favor of "activity."  Not surprising, given that you've been missing an increasing number of assembly votes, been opening/closing nearly every vote late, not participating in debates, and have even given up your "active" campaign.

I beg your pardon

a) Liar is a strong word and I strongly urge you to reconsider it, I know jugular politics is how you like to handle things, but not me.

li·ar/ˈlīər/
Noun: A person who tells lies.

You are a liar.  If you say that you are in favor of activity, then give your first preference to one of the most inactive senators in Atlasia's history turned one of the most inactive governor's in Atlasia's history, turned the most inactive Chief Judicial Officer in the Northeast's history (to the point where he didn't even perform his job of certifying the results of my first "election" as Northeast representative, and that whole 2-month period went without a Northeast government at all), turned an incredibly inactive representative who misses about half the votes, has proposed no legislation, and doesn't participate in debates, and then you also give your second preference to a senator who does not vote more than half the time, has proposed no legislation, and never participates in debates, then you cannot claim in any reasonable way to be in favor of "activity" without being a liar.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

He's run a more active campaign than RowanBrandon or Eraserhead.

I wonder, what type of illness is so debilitating that you can't type three letters on a keyboard?  It must have been a really bad illness (yet one which lasts less than 48 hours...).  I mean, I'm somewhat "ill" right now and I'm still able to type this.

You've proposed that?  My bad, I haven't seen that being proposed anywhere.  You certainly haven't introduced legislation for that (which I'd be perfectly willing to vote for).
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2011, 06:59:36 PM »
« Edited: February 17, 2011, 07:16:04 PM by wormyguy »

Edit: nevermind
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2011, 07:03:36 PM »

For the record, I was never Lieutenant Governor.

You definitely were, although if you're unaware of that fact you're proving my point better than I ever could have.

I was CJO at one point, but definitely not Lieutenant Governor.

My apologies, you were the CJO, whose job it was to certify the election results.  I misremembered the title of the office, but the point stands.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies