Question Time with Marokai and PS (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:04:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Question Time with Marokai and PS (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Question Time with Marokai and PS  (Read 8144 times)
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« on: February 02, 2011, 01:38:14 AM »

Wormyguy's comments in this thread are basically on the same level of what I've had to put up with the entire campaign so far, so I really see no reason why I should let it bother me.

Oh, brother...
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 04:14:23 AM »

Wormyguy's comments in this thread are basically on the same level of what I've had to put up with the entire campaign so far, so I really see no reason why I should let it bother me.

Oh, brother...

I'm sorry, but we need you to phrase that in the form of a question.

A question? Okay, for the running mate:

When you were running for President, you really wanted me to endorse you, and promised me that you would join the JCP if the DA collapsed. The DA collapsed soon after, but you instead created your own party (The Game Reformer's Alliance, or something along those lines IIRC).

So my questions are:
1) Why do you think it is okay to lie to someone's face like that just to win a game?
2) Why should anyone believe anything you say?

Thanks in advance Smiley
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2011, 06:44:34 PM »

Bgwah takes the petty bickering over to Purple State here in this thread.

Actually, lying to someone just to win an internet game is what's petty. But I realize this is a strategy you also employ, so you will naturally defend it.

You can cry victim all you want, Marokai. But you're the won who destroyed at least four friendships just to make things "interesting." You're the one who called the JCP "disgusting" for running its own ticket. You're the one who lied to our faces more times than I can count. You're the one who posts out of context private conversations to slander those who do not kiss the ground you walk upon. You're the one who started a whole new party because you didn't want deal with primarying Fritz (That sure backfired, considering he isn't running and you got challenged by someone else anyway). At the end of the day, you'll never be President, and it is nobody's fault but your own. You can cry about policy all you want. People don't care about credit card bills. Nobody is going to read your 3700 word platform. This is a GAME. People come here to have FUN. Nobody doubts that you have all the time in the world to devote to Atlasia, but writing the longest posts doesn't make you the best candidate for President.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011, 07:17:00 PM »

That's another thing I can't stand about this situation. Marokai says the split was for competition... unless he's running. Then we should all support him!

Your unity ticket last year with Purple State resulted in an incredibly boring election that hurt Atlasia. And you wanted the same thing here, despite your calls for competition. You claimed I was too partisan, because I wanted to run all-JCP tickets... You know what? All JCP tickets were way more interesting and competitive than unity super-tickets.

I posted snippets about two private conversations when people were full of BS and I couldn't take it anymore. I'm not going to stand for people to outright lie in public like that or try to pretend they feel a way they clearly don't. You people treated Kalwejt like crap behind his back, but now you're all acting like he's 'back home' or some other nonsense. It's absurd.

Hah. Is posting private convos really a game you want to play, Marokai? Because you will lose.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 07:25:26 PM »

That's another thing I can't stand about this situation. Marokai says the split was for competition... unless he's running. Then we should all support him!

The reason I joined UDL at the very start, more: did a lot of recruitment work, was this: I wanted to help to create something new in Atlasia. But I didn't wanted it to become a sectarian tool for one member wild ambitions in an obscure, after all, GAME, not a tool for Xahar's trollish desires (I bet his three points are merely "bgwah is bad, bgwah must be stopped, bgwah is a devil").

Luckily Marokai soon will land in Atlasian history trashcan, and UDL, with so many great people inside, can be a force we can both cooperate around common values, or compete FOR THE FUN OF A GAME. Without all this BS, you, Marokai, are providing so willingly.

Yeah, I would like to add that I too like most people in the UDL. I think it's really unfortunate that Marokai has made it so difficult for our two parties to work together.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2011, 12:37:29 AM »

Cycles in this game are so interesting. Was it one year ago where the right was tearing itself to shreds in a similar way? And now it's the left's turn. Spend two years in this game and you've truly seen it all.

I assume this will all be papered over in a few months.

One thing for Bgwah to mull over: you need to choose whether this is a game to you or whether it's personal. If it truly is a game where fun is paramount, then Marokai's actions should not ruin friendships and my decision not to join the JCP is just another turn of events. You relish the chance to personally attack people far more than one should if it is truly just a game.

I have not personally attacked anyone in this thread. Don't be ridiculous.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies