Question Time with Marokai and PS (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:31:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Question Time with Marokai and PS (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Question Time with Marokai and PS  (Read 8148 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« on: February 01, 2011, 05:53:07 PM »

I've deleted a number of posts in this thread. I would advise everyone to lay off the personal attacks.

Please note that a number of posts were deleted for referencing deleted and infracted posts. These posts were not infracted themselves, of course.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 05:56:50 PM »

Oh, and before you all throw a hissy-fit I'm letting the first Wormguy post stand. It's an unpleasant little post that indicates that he's a mean and petty little person. But just as I think I'm allowed to voice that opinion of him, I think he's allowed to argue that things Marokai has shared about his personal life makes him unfit to be president. We did precisely that when we got BushOK removed as moderator. 

Carrying on with slurring standing epithets is vindictive trolling and is going to be infracted though. He's made his point and I'm not going to let it continue.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 06:07:53 PM »

Oh, and before you all throw a hissy-fit I'm letting the first Wormguy post stand. It's an unpleasant little post that indicates that he's a mean and petty little person. But just as I think I'm allowed to voice that opinion of him, I think he's allowed to argue that things Marokai has shared about his personal life makes him unfit to be president. We did precisely that when we got BushOK removed as moderator. 

Carrying on with slurring standing epithets is vindictive trolling and is going to be infracted though. He's made his point and I'm not going to let it continue.

Seriously?

Can I just have one incident in this entire campaign where people decide to bicker me to death be wiped clean?

I don't see what the big deal is, to be honest. If you think what he said was false it would be one thing, but I'm assuming it isn't (apart from his spin, of course) since I've never seen you claim otherwise. If you think it's irrelevant I think that is rather something for you to say than a reason for me to delete the post. I'm not going to allow it to carry on. He's been infracted. I'm just not going to take it further than that, that's all.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 06:10:03 PM »

What's your opinion of the potential abolition of the office of Vice-President?

(also: I'd like to let you know that I and, without any doubt, many others on here are utterly disgusted with wormyguy's low attack on you and that I find it a shame that Gustaf deleted/had to delete some of the reactions here along with wormyguy's posts)

Oh, you're free to react. I just try to follow a principle of deleting posts quoting a post that I've deleted. I mean, if someone wants the post gone I generally try to eradicate it completely, even in quote form. That's not directed at the person quoting.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 07:40:52 AM »

I really don't understand the standards of the moderating system now.

Apparently saying that wormyguy "can't make a single post without acting like a dick" is considered as a personal attack despite the fact it directly regards the forum and that everybody can see it's true. But when wormyguy throws nasty remarks about a user's personal life, he's free to do so because what he says is supposedly true. As it happened for Libertas, mods seems more concerned about protecting the trolls from being called trolls than actuall infracting their own trolling.

I think the first sentence is the only part of that post I'd agree with.

Wormguy: if you have issues with how another moderator moderates on another board, bring it up with him. It isn't going to affect how I moderate things here. If you think other people are being mean and unreasonable, I guess you will have to try and persuade them.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2011, 03:14:09 AM »

You should probably all calm down a little bit before I have to start infracting you.

On a more personal note, you should all really get over yourself. I mean, come on.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies