Populares Convention, February 2011
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:34:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Populares Convention, February 2011
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: Populares Convention, February 2011  (Read 5900 times)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: February 15, 2011, 12:32:25 AM »

how long should I leave this vote open, do you think?
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #76 on: February 15, 2011, 06:50:11 AM »

how long should I leave this vote open, do you think?

We should probably end it tonight.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #77 on: February 15, 2011, 11:26:46 AM »

yeah, that's sorta what i was planning on, around 8pm eastern or so.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #78 on: February 15, 2011, 02:34:53 PM »

yeah, that's sorta what i was planning on, around 8pm eastern or so.

Fair enough.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #79 on: February 15, 2011, 07:49:21 PM »

Populares Party Endorsement Ballot
President/Vice-President:
[1]Tmthforu/Dallasfan
[]BenConstine/Ogis
[2]Oakvale/Snowguy
[]J.J./East Coast Republican

Northeast Senate:
[]Rowan
[1]Jake Matthews

Mideast Senate:
[1]Junkie
[]HappyWarrior

Midwest Senate:
[1]Kalwejt

Southeast Senate:
[1]NCYankee

Pacific Senate:
[2]Bgwah
[1]Mechaman
[]Sewer

Northeast Governor:
[]Polnut
[1]Ghost_white

Northeast Assembly:
[3]FallenMorgan
[1]wormyguy
[2]Jake Matthews
[]The Economist
[]Sbane

🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #80 on: February 15, 2011, 09:27:59 PM »

Endorsement Vote Results -

President/Vice-President:
[1]Tmthforu/Dallasfan
[2]Oakvale/Snowguy

Northeast Senate:  Jake Matthews

Mideast Senate: Junkie

Midwest Senate:  Kalwejt

Southeast Senate: NCYankee

Pacific Senate:
[1]Mechaman
[2]Bgwah

Northeast Governor: Ghost_white

Northeast Assembly:
[1]wormyguy
[2]FallenMorgan *
[2]Jake Matthews *
[4]The Economist

*tie
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #81 on: February 15, 2011, 09:45:51 PM »

Fellow Populares,

With election day fast approaching, we have to send a message. "Why should I, a citizen of Atlasia, vote for the Populares Party?" I'll tell you why. Our Government has failed, unemployment is rising and people are becoming hopeless. We run on a platform of maximum rights, minimum Government. We support liberty and we believe that the people's money is best spent by the people and not a power-hungry Government. We must send a message that will strike a chord in the hearts and minds of Atlasians. We are the Populares, we are Atlasia.

Vote Populares 2011, For a brighter tomorrow, today.

(So, what do ya'll think about my first "speech" as whip? Tongue)
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #82 on: February 18, 2011, 09:02:54 AM »

Two motions:

1. Motion to withdraw Oakvale/Snowguy as the Populares second preference endorsement for President.

2. (Provided the previous motion succeeds): Motion to give J.J. the Populares second preference endorsement for President.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #83 on: February 18, 2011, 09:07:38 AM »

Two motions:

1. Motion to withdraw Oakvale/Snowguy as the Populares second preference endorsement for President.

2. (Provided the previous motion succeeds): Motion to give J.J. the Populares second preference endorsement for President.

Neither Oakvale nor Snowguy ever participated in discussion this thing. Just saying.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #84 on: February 18, 2011, 10:04:28 AM »

Two motions:

Neither Oakvale nor Snowguy ever participated in discussion this thing. Just saying.

Snowguy did.

It really is a shame, since I campaigned to get my fellow Populares to preference Oakvale over Ben, and even convinced Tmth himself to go for Oakvale over Ben, although I doubt that he or they will now.  I certainly won't.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #85 on: February 18, 2011, 03:24:22 PM »

Two motions:

Snowguy did.

It really is a shame, since I campaigned to get my fellow Populares to preference Oakvale over Ben, and even convinced Tmth himself to go for Oakvale over Ben, although I doubt that he or they will now.  I certainly won't.

Ok, Kulaks. From now on, I'm going to adopt collective responsibility and not preference any of you in future, Dallasfan including.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #86 on: February 18, 2011, 03:26:20 PM »

Two motions:

Snowguy did.

Ok, Kulaks. From now on, I'm going to adopt collective responsibility and not preference any of you in future, Dallasfan including.

I'm sure you were just itching to give Dallasfan a high preference.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #87 on: February 18, 2011, 03:39:23 PM »

Two motions:

Snowguy did.

Actually, I were supporting him strongly for the Senate. More: I encouraged him privately to stay active in Atlasia, when he was considering retirement after losing before to Eraserhead. Perhaps you should be concerned about your memory.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #88 on: February 18, 2011, 05:25:09 PM »

Two motions:

Snowguy did.

It really is a shame, since I campaigned to get my fellow Populares to preference Oakvale over Ben, and even convinced Tmth himself to go for Oakvale over Ben, although I doubt that he or they will now.  I certainly won't.

Actually, I were supporting him strongly for the Senate. More: I encouraged him privately to stay active in Atlasia, when he was considering retirement after losing before to Eraserhead. Perhaps you should be concerned about your memory.

Hmm, let's see.  6th preference in an election for 5 Senators, behind a complete joke self-described "Stalinist" who has since gone AWOL and one who didn't even show up for two weeks.  With "strong support" like that, it's a wonder he even sticks with us!  Or perhaps you should be concerned about your memory.  Dallas is with me on this, by the way.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #89 on: February 18, 2011, 05:48:51 PM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=130099.msg2819115#msg2819115

that's really good enough for me.  and i didn't find anything wrong with Snowguy's comment either.
 if people want to not preference them just because they're in the same party as bgwah, then they are already free to do so individually.
but if we are going to be officially rescinding endorsements, esp. in the middle of the election, there should be a pretty good reason.

of course if there's a second to this motion, go ahead and hold a vote. I'll be busy doing stuff IRL for the next couple days, but my vote ftr would be NAY.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #90 on: February 18, 2011, 05:53:30 PM »

Two motions:

Snowguy did.

It really is a shame, since I campaigned to get my fellow Populares to preference Oakvale over Ben, and even convinced Tmth himself to go for Oakvale over Ben, although I doubt that he or they will now.  I certainly won't.

Hmm, let's see.  6th preference in an election for 5 Senators, behind a complete joke self-described "Stalinist" who has since gone AWOL and one who didn't even show up for two weeks.  With "strong support" like that, it's a wonder he even sticks with us!  Or perhaps you should be concerned about your memory.  Dallas is with me on this, by the way.

Considering a number of candidates running from the left, and knowing most of them won't make it, I gave him highest preference possible. Plus, you can't deny my repeated, vocal support for his return.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #91 on: February 18, 2011, 05:55:59 PM »

By the way, I oficially reject your joke "endorsement" for MW Senate race.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #92 on: February 18, 2011, 09:52:03 PM »

Alright, I'm a bit confused as to what the hell is going on, but the fact of the matter is that Kal has been a good friend and was amongst many others that urged me to stay in the game. Beyond that, I'm not getting involved in whatever petty bickering is going on.

Anyway, since the election has already begun, it seems a bit late to be recanting endorsements.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #93 on: February 18, 2011, 10:52:38 PM »

Given Oakvale's comments, I withdraw my motions.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #94 on: February 22, 2011, 01:43:26 PM »

who among us has a wiki account? we need some serious updating on bylaws and such.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #95 on: February 22, 2011, 01:47:45 PM »

who among us has a wiki account? we need some serious updating on bylaws and such.

I do.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #96 on: February 22, 2011, 02:13:23 PM »

I do.

in that case maybe even i have a chance at getting one too Tongue 

it'd be good to have a few of us working together on this.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #97 on: February 22, 2011, 03:52:22 PM »

I do.

in that case maybe even i have a chance at getting one too Tongue 

it'd be good to have a few of us working together on this.

It would. I just recently updated the President forum and I think I edited Isaac's page, but I do have to clean up the NE regional office holders and several other things.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #98 on: March 07, 2011, 05:53:42 PM »

By the power vested in me as Chairman, I hereby appoint Mechaman as Chief Director in the wake of Svensson's banning.

X Dallasfan65
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #99 on: March 07, 2011, 05:57:59 PM »
« Edited: March 07, 2011, 06:52:51 PM by Mechaman »

I accept the nomination as Chief Director for the duration of Svensson's tenure.

I accept this office out of loyalty to this party to perform the duty within.  I don't do this for selfish reasons and I will not run for election to this position unless the people of this party, through popular referenda, demand it be so.

EDIT: Just realized that I put "banning" when I mean to put "tenure", lol.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies