Regional Protection Party Convention - Welcome To Chicago!!! (Speeches)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 08:29:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Regional Protection Party Convention - Welcome To Chicago!!! (Speeches)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Regional Protection Party Convention - Welcome To Chicago!!! (Speeches)  (Read 5611 times)
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2011, 10:15:59 PM »
« edited: February 07, 2011, 10:36:00 PM by J. J. »

For your information the two RPP senators are not in the Senate to represent just the party. We have to make votes based on what we think is best for the country. It is my beleif that de-registration causes more problems then it solves. I am not the only one who holds this view and it was a broad consensus for almost two years. Obviously a majority of the Senate wants it now and as such it will be passed into law.

Good for passage, as it ultimately expands rights of individuals.  Now, obviously, there should be an exemption for voters facing prosecution, but how many are there?

The Constitution of Atlasia, or whatever the hell the name is, gives citizens the right to assemble.  Implied in that right is the right to disassemble, even from Atlasia.  Yet the FPP, its Senators and Chairman don't wish to.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

There are two members of the RPP in the Senate; both voted against it.  That is not "Game Play," as you put it, but policy.  The things that are well in control of the Senate within the simulation.  It is like saying, "Play by the rules.  I'll make the rules."  That is shameful!

The way the rules now would, within the game, I, or any other member, cannot leave the game without breaking the rules of the game.  I would have to create a fake account, post numerous (75 times?) register as a voter, and possibly vote, in order to have my registration canceled.  If I obey the rules, I cannot deregister.  That is shameful!

Where is it?  Interestingly, even though I've had several PM's from the powers that be, there has never been a link and none on this thread either?

BTW:  If you want a reason to vote against the FPP, I think you just found it.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2011, 10:25:58 PM »

Well, thankfully, JJ, a bill is about to pass that will make deregistration legal. Smiley So once Snowguy closes that vote and Fritz signs it, citizens can finally deregister from Atlasia if they wish. Smiley
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2011, 10:34:51 PM »
« Edited: February 07, 2011, 10:42:55 PM by J. J. »

Well, thankfully, JJ, a bill is about to pass that will make deregistration legal. Smiley So once Snowguy closes that vote and Fritz signs it, citizens can finally deregister from Atlasia if they wish. Smiley

Very good, but seeing the state of this party and its leadership, I just might stay around, and least through the next election.  Somebody asked me to, and I may grant his wish.

You will note that I reregistered in the RPP and I have requested to speak.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2011, 10:46:47 PM »

You don't have to enagage in any of that or break the rules to leave. Weren't you listening? All you have to do is stop voting and let your membership tick tick tick away with the clock.

And of course the law will soon be passed, so this crisis can be brought to an end with everyone satisfied I hope.

I have never had someone claim that the only way to be for freedom is to agree with him 100% on every issue. Oh, yea, actually I do remember someone now. Someone who talked about freedom a lot. Wink

J. J. you don't even understand how the current setup works, how can you claim to hold the only pro-freedom position?

As for the SoFE's thread, why don't you take a look through some of the threads on this board and  stop relying on somone directing you to everything. Tongue It shouldn't be hard to find, its not like its stickied at the top of the board or anything.

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2011, 10:54:06 PM »

It appears we don't have time to do any procedural stuff before the speeches and I would prefer not to do that stuff mixed together. So we will handle all such business after the speeches are done.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #55 on: February 07, 2011, 11:09:52 PM »

You don't have to enagage in any of that or break the rules to leave. Weren't you listening? All you have to do is stop voting and let your membership tick tick tick away with the clock.

I would still be a voter, even though I would choose not to associate myself with Atlasia.

Actually, you persuaded me to "delay" my departure.

I never claimed that I had the only right position; I do claim that the current RPP members of the Senate do not.  I heard some say recently that they would would not like to be misinterpreted.  Hummm.

Since I was not the only one to ask, it doesn't seem to be exactly clear.  Interestingly, I was looking for things like the registration requirements earlier and could not readily find them.  Having a separate list, or referring to it by name, would have been helpful.  It might be clear to you, but not the rest of us.

[/quote]
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #56 on: February 07, 2011, 11:21:22 PM »

I would still be a voter, even though I would choose not to associate myself with Atlasia.

Actually, you persuaded me to "delay" my departure.

I never claimed that I had the only right position; I do claim that the current RPP members of the Senate do not.  I heard some say recently that they would would not like to be misinterpreted.  Hummm.

Since I was not the only one to ask, it doesn't seem to be exactly clear.  Interestingly, I was looking for things like the registration requirements earlier and could not readily find them.  Having a separate list, or referring to it by name, would have been helpful.  It might be clear to you, but not the rest of us.
[/quote]

1. Yes, but only for three elections, then you would be removed from the voter roll for innactivity.
2. As I recall, I asked and was told emphatically no. Does that mean you have changed your mind?
3. Once again, do I not have the freedom to vote how I think best for the game? Does the Southeast not deserve an independent minded Senator, who calls them as he sees them? My votes in the Senate are in the best interests of my constituents regardless of what party they are in. As PiT said, the history is mixed on this issue with many people taking a different opinion on it. The support and opposition is completely bipartisan.
4. Why not check the "Introduction to Atlasia" thread (Its also sticked). It has the voter requirements, the parties, the gov't structure and whole cadre of information as up to date as Marokai Blue decides to make it, since he created the thread when he was AG. 
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #57 on: February 07, 2011, 11:27:25 PM »

Links (Because somehow this devil still has a heart) Department of Federal Elections

Introduction to Atlasia
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #58 on: February 07, 2011, 11:49:35 PM »

1. Yes, but only for three elections, then you would be removed from the voter roll for innactivity.

Three elections is three elections too many.  That might be why the Senate, sans a few members, had the good judgment to change the rule.

Yes, I have been told that if I wish to deregister, I would have to do it after the rule was adopted.  I am not doing so at this point.

Actually, the final vote, which I have not seen declared shows that the sole party to support it fully is the RPP.  https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=130658.60  It hasn't been declared, according to the thread.

You have the right, but the question is on your judgment in voting that way.  Does you judgment truly represent your constituents and is it in the best interest of Atlasia.

I did, but it is a nine page thread.  Nor did a search yield it.

BTW:  For the common folk, like me, where is the "SoAE" thread.  I'm sure that is insider jargon for another title, but why not just post a link or a location.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #59 on: February 07, 2011, 11:58:33 PM »

Thanks for finally posting that, with the correct name.  I went through the first five pages and didn't see a 'do not contact" reference.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2011, 12:22:35 AM »

Thanks for finally posting that, with the correct name.  I went through the first five pages and didn't see a 'do not contact" reference.

I did have the correct name I said the "Secretary of Federal Election's thread. The Department is run by its secretary, so its the Secretary's thread.

Look at the last two pages (13 and 14 I think), it should be on one of them. There is also a thread from back in late December which I would dig up but my slow connection won't let me load but a few threads, while I am downloading an update.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2011, 01:09:48 AM »

I did have the correct name I said the "Secretary of Federal Election's thread. The Department is run by its secretary, so its the Secretary's thread.

Look at the last two pages (13 and 14 I think), it should be on one of them. There is also a thread from back in late December which I would dig up but my slow connection won't let me load but a few threads, while I am downloading an update.

So, basically, to get to the point where someone, or many someones can find it, you have to go to thread with a different title and then dig through 13-14 pages to find it.  And you expect people to find it with a casual reference.

The link is here: 

Six weeks old, and you expect everyone to know where it is.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #62 on: February 08, 2011, 01:12:14 AM »

I didn't expect anything. When we get a new SoFE (since Teddy left), then he can find a way to make it more visible. I do beleive FRanzl will be confirmed tomorrow (What the hell is this? Annie. Everything happens tomorrow)
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #63 on: February 08, 2011, 01:30:17 AM »

I didn't expect anything. When we get a new SoFE (since Teddy left), then he can find a way to make it more visible.

You could have posted the link; I did.  I'm very concerned about the future of the RPP, especially since others requested the same explanation.

Where is the signing of the deregistration law/rule/game regulation?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #64 on: February 08, 2011, 02:03:13 AM »

I didn't expect anything. When we get a new SoFE (since Teddy left), then he can find a way to make it more visible.

You could have posted the link; I did.  I'm very concerned about the future of the RPP, especially since others requested the same explanation.

Where is the signing of the deregistration law/rule/game regulation?

Did you not read my earlier post. I was downloading an important update that was very essential. I have a dial up internet connection and mult-tasking isn't on the agenda. It was taking me two minutes just too load this thread at points. Imagine if I tried to load a thread that I had not opened in weeks, it risked jamming the connection or even breaking it, ruining my download.  Am I supposed to abandon seven hours of download just so I can please you with instant satisfaction? Have some patience. If you don't like it, pay for my upgrade in connection and higher bill damn it. Angry. I certainly can't afford it with the crap thatst going on.

I would appreciate not being lectured on the direction of the RPP because of something that is managed by a gov't official and thus any criticisms should be directed at President Fritz as to how that is managed or how visible it is.

I would think the White House thread, wouldn't you? I am sure you have already been on it since you dug up the link to the deregistration bill. Use some common sense if you aren't given a link. It isn't hard to deduce something like "Secretary of Forum Elections", "Department of Forum Elections" The both have "of forum elections". And Secretaries run Departments in the Gov't in both RL and here. Its not hard to figure out.

Can you stop criticizing and attacking me now? I find it highly annoying that someone who doesn't know all that has been done over the last year starts bitcing about problems as if he is the only one who sees it and is the only one who cares. What do you think we have been doing? We have completely reorganized the administration of elections, we created the Registrar General, We have had the Introduction thread for two years. Efforts have been made, however to someone who hasn't seen the progress, all you see is the long road ahead. Its very disrespectfull to those who fought for these changes like Fritz and Franzl and Marokai to then act as nothign has been done.

And stop posting in this convention thread. If you want to continue, unblock my damn PM, if not thats your problem, but this thread is for a purpose and it isn't to show you the ropes.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #65 on: February 08, 2011, 02:35:31 PM »

Lets try and keep it to convention business now.

If you can't find something like a thread or the Wiki, PM a respected Atlasian (Fritz, myself, Franzl, tmth etc) and they will be glad to guide you in the right direction.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #66 on: February 08, 2011, 02:37:32 PM »

I will be seeking the party nomination for president.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #67 on: February 08, 2011, 07:33:33 PM »

I don't like primaries or even endorsement votes really. I prefer that if someone wants to run to let them and then have them colloraborate and work strategically to ensure they don't split the party's vote. Its builds party unity and cooperation. It also helps build trust and respect for one another.

If I were to hold one though, I would only do so with assurances that the loser would drop out of the race.

The other problem is time. We have planned several sets of speeches for this week and to have an endorsement vote would delay those significantly.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #68 on: February 08, 2011, 08:27:36 PM »

I don't like primaries or even endorsement votes really. I prefer that if someone wants to run to let them and then have them colloraborate and work strategically to ensure they don't split the party's vote. Its builds party unity and cooperation. It also helps build trust and respect for one another.

If I were to hold one though, I would only do so with assurances that the loser would drop out of the race.

The other problem is time. We have planned several sets of speeches for this week and to have an endorsement vote would delay those significantly.

I decline to drop out.

I can assure the votes that voters that I will not be collaborating with any other candidate for president.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #69 on: February 08, 2011, 08:51:37 PM »

I decline to drop out.

I can assure the votes that voters that I will not be collaborating with any other candidate for president.

Then there won't be an endorsement vote. Sorry. There is no point in having one if its essentially meaningless ,especially if it delays the proceedings.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #70 on: February 08, 2011, 09:41:00 PM »

I will make an announcement on my presidential election plans shortly.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #71 on: February 09, 2011, 08:12:03 PM »

Night 1 - Activity

Good Evening,

Tonight, we will begin Convention Speeches. We will have several speakers who will speak on a variety of issues on each night, and each night will conclude with a Keynote Address. Here is a list of Atlasians giving the keynote address for each of the 4 nights:

Night 1 - RPP Chairman and Senator North Carolina Yankee
Night 2 - Senator ahduke99
Night 3 - Senator Dallasfan65
Night 4 - Former Governor and Senator Tmthforu94

The floor is now open to speeches (you know who you are Tongue). If anyone would still like to give a speech, please contact me ASAP.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #72 on: February 09, 2011, 08:25:52 PM »

Journey of Vision

Fellow Members of the RPP and honored guests: We do indeed have a golden opportunity to change the course of Atlasian politics. Am I aware that the Atlasian Left has had a firm grip in the control of governance for quite some time? Indeed I've been well aware of that. Yet we stand here as both a loyal yet firm and conscientious opposition to the radical progressivism that they have led the country into. Changes do indeed need to be made. As the former American President John F. Kennedy once said,   "The Chinese use two brush strokes to write the word 'crisis.' One brush stroke stands for danger; the other for opportunity. In a crisis, be aware of the danger - but recognize the opportunity." By communicating the need to balance the budget, By reforming education in light of global competition , By adding more of the dynamics of foreign  policy to the game, spearheading an energy plan that stewards both environmental concerns alongside the desire to free ourselves from the need for foreign oil, We can indeed make Atlasia a place of prosperity. 

We all indeed recognize the need for the national government to have a budget to run. Like a family it needs to be wise how much it spends and what it spends it's finances on. Since my arrival, I've seen the leadership pandering to of all nations a ruthless dictatorship like China for aid. This should prove to all Atlasians that we are in the mist of an economic crises. We all recognize that defense is a needed expenditure that must be dealt  with in a sensitive way. The high corporate taxes are choking the life of our economy to stimulate job growth could we consider a cut of at least 50%. So in light of these matters we should cut non-educational spending by at least 5% percent with the eventuality of a Balanced Budget Amendment. This would stabilize the Atlasian books. We also would seek to have regular and thorough audits of the Federal Reserve. Is it in the best interest of Atlasia to have our monetary policy dictated by a private firm rather than our national representatives? Many of my fellow advocates of a center-right government think that it's not the best of ideas that a private company handle the finances of the government. These audits would compel the government to maintain a high level of accountability. Do we think that the current administration would put these safeguards in? No. They want to keep the spending going with high tax rates for the individual. We as centrists, libertarians and conservatives must keep petitioning the administration over this redress and when that day comes that we have the sacred responsibility of serving the Atlasian people, we govern like it. Our city on a hill is in need of a makeover back to time tested ideas that promote freedom and responsible government. 

Where do we stand with regarding the education of our younger citizens? The current path of public school supremacy is quite detrimental to our families. I have heard of recent legislation or judical rulings that attack what is known as homeschooling. I am friends with many homeschoolers and they were glad to have their parents educate them. Often with these families it is beacuse of religious conviction and mistrust of a failing public school system that promote idealologies that those parents strongly oppose. Why should parents be forced to send their children to such public schools? School choice should be protected. Why isn't the freeflow and competition of various scientific ideas such as the debate over evolution vs inteligent design allowed in classes today? President Lincoln said that the philosophy of the classroom in one generation will be the philosophy of government in the next. Public schools should be a place that all the major political and economic theories of how government should be ran can be discussed.  It is absolutely horrendous that professors are being denied tenure beacuse they disagree with their domninant liberal and often socialstic colleagues. Isn't discrimination beacuse of political leanings in the workplace illegal in this country? This is why we should support of a national version of The Charter School Act that was recently passed in the Mideast region 

What I believe is coming to be a potential issue in the game is the lack of a place for foreign policy. Adding this to the game would add a much needed dynamic. As many of our economic issues concern trade relations with other nations, the need for the foreign policy dynamic is going to become more key. 

Reducing our need for foreign oil is on the minds of Atlasians of every political stripe, but what direction should we go? Yes clean energy options such as hydrogen should be explored within the market system as independent as current law allows. I'm asking those in big energy to work with the EPA to come up with ways to drill for oil in ways that will lessen the damage that will come with drilling. With that I'm asking the environmentalists to let go of the bans on offshore drilling, the ban on drilling in ANWAR, and the further exploration of inland oil and natural gas deposits. 

If we do these things, Atlasia will become much stronger. Let us do justly, love mercy and walk humbly. 

As my regional governor, Tmthforu94 led pragmatically and though him and I have had our differences of view on policy, I believe him as the best selection amongst conservatives, moderates and libertarians. 

Thank you and may God bless and keep Atlasia
Mr. Taft Republican
Taft4Prez
United States

« Reply #73 on: February 09, 2011, 09:14:33 PM »

Ladies and gentlemen of the RPP I apologise for my delayed entry. But here I am, and I have a slight message for you about our situation.

Atlasia is a place that requires the utmost attention of its executive, and as I know them only one candidate has had the dedication to keep pace with this game, that is Tmthforu94. It goes beyond his terms as Governor and Senator, in which he debated bills with a fury, and led the Mideast in a very active fashion, all the while keeping the statue page updated. When our own appointed (and confirmed) Attorney General, would not take the time to do his job, Tmth stepped in and did what needed to be done. This election is more than a threat to the Atlasian left’s dominance, it is hope that the right can finally get a chance to put up or shut up, and with our candidate we know we will have a good hand at the helm.
   More than proper policy, we need an active executive to direct Atlasia in the proper direction. We can only hope that it would also lead to a renewed Senate, as we all saw with the stimulus, a three day bill took two weeks, and Yankee began several manhunts that day. Tmth has a consistent record of activity and is capable of bringing vitality into this game, which I personally know it is in desperate need. One of the few things keeping our Senate back is the fact that the majority of them are not first termers, some not even second termers. This has created in the Senate a hierarchy, and it’s difficult to challenge such a thing as an entrenched political machine. To pump new life into the game, we need to lower the posting requirements to give new players a fair chance at gaining an office. Some say that’s what the regions are for, but regions can only give so many people a chance to learn the game.
   Tmthforu94 has a consistent record of being active, and his policies point that he will do all he can to make the learning curb easier for new players. There is no doubt that come Election Day there is one obvious choice.

Tmthforu94 for the next President of Atlasia!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #74 on: February 09, 2011, 11:00:28 PM »

Good Evening Ladies and Gentleman!

Its great too see so many dedicated and hard working members of the RPP gathered here in the windy city of Chicago for our February convention. We have before as a very important election, in which I fully hope that we elect Tmth/Dallas to the White House. These two passionate and dedicated servants have a record of both passionate advocacy of core beliefs and important issues while simultaneously demonstrating an ability to work in a bipartisan manner to advance policies to improve Atlasia. Whether it’s a strong focus on education or the emphasis on the importance of balancing the budget, there is no stronger team then that of Tmth/Dallas.

I am sure most of you have heard about, thought about, argued over, or in some way dealt with the issue that I am going to discuss here tonight. That issue is an important aspect of the game. That issue defines the tenor and tone as well as the quality and substance of the political debates in Atlasia.  It determines the success or failure of officeholders and that most critical factor, that of the level of fun which this game possesses for people. That issue, my friends, is the problem of Activity. 

Activity however is not just a problem. To the passionate and dedicated people in this game, activity is a accurate description of their performance and an appraisal of their dedication.  Tmthforu94 can definitely be considered as one of these people. It must be remembered that activity or rather inactivity is also an infectious disease. One can hardly claim that inactive politicians don’t result from an inactive, dormant populace. Efforts aimed at targeting this indirectly, whether it be from reforming the constitution like was done last summer or simply moving around information is only a marginal change. What we need is new level and era of involvement, not by politicians for they couldn’t drive a heard of cattle, but by the citizens. We need more active and engaged hard journalism. We even could probably use some opinion journalism as well in this game. We need issue advocacy on the part of citizens to pressure elected officials and lobby for their causes.

We need a pool of people from which the next generation of officials and candidates will come from. We can’t do this without people and we can get new people by having as a our first step saying were we definitely won’t look for them. It should be remembered that the most notorious Atlasian in the last two years was recruited on site, despite his claims at one point to the contrary. Wink The risk of getting a bad apple is the same no matter the source of that recruit. Tmth promises to continue reasonable efforts started under President fritz to bring new people into the game in a controlled process. From that process we have seen the arrival of new people, some of which show promise. 

I have long said that no matter what we did, we were never going to be able to legislate activity. Whether it was Game Moderator reform in 2009, the constitutional consolidation in mid 2010, or the long term efforts at improving the wiki. All are good and have been a benefit to Atlasia. But in the end, we are less active then we were in 2009, despite higher turnout in elections.

And contrary to some of the liberal talking heads, we don’t have some advantage going into this election. The numbers alone give a huge advantage to our opponents. However we would be doing a disservice by not contesting the White House, regardless of what the final result is. With that said I have complete confidence that tmth can win this election and that he is the best choice to lead this nation and to elect him would be a superb strategic move at a critical juncture in the game (points to the one person who can identify the source of this line, he knows who he is. Wink ).
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies