A new vote @ PPP
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:52:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  A new vote @ PPP
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A new vote @ PPP  (Read 552 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 06, 2011, 01:48:47 AM »

We still have more to release from our Arizona, California, South Dakota, and South Carolina polls from this week but didn't have time to get to any of that today. We'll probably release some of it over the weekend.

We're polling Colorado and New Mexico this weekend. Next weekend we'll have our monthly national poll and we'll hit another state. For the national poll at this point we'd appreciate your suggestions on who to include as this month's 'bonus Republican' to be tested against Barack Obama along with the usual suspects of Mitt Romney, Mike Huckabee, Sarah Palin, and Newt Gingrich. We're open to pretty much anyone except for our rule that we won't do anyone more than once every six months- that rules out Michele Bachmann, Marco Rubio, Glenn Beck, and Chris Christie, all of whom we've included since August. We'll choose some finalists from your nominations and put it to a vote starting Monday.

And we're also going to go ahead and have the vote on the state we poll next weekend. Here are your finalists, all of which are potentially interesting 2012 Senate races that we haven't taken a look at yet:

-Connecticut. Obviously an open seat Senate situation with about a million different ways the field could shape up.

-Hawaii. When we polled the state in early October Linda Lingle only had a 46/45 approval rating so I am very skeptical that she would pose much of a threat to Daniel Akaka but it generates a lot of discussion and we'll poll it eventually.

-Rhode Island. Just like with Hawaii I'm not sold on the possibility of a Don Carcieri candidacy being much of a threat to Sheldon Whitehouse but at some point we're going to test it as we make our way through the 2012 Senate map.

-Tennessee. There really seems to be precious little hope for Democrats moving forward in this state but Bob Corker's first election victory margin was quite narrow so it's worth looking to see if he's remotely in any trouble to snag a second term...although I'd be surprised if he is and have no idea who we'd even test against him. Would definitely be taking suggestions on that front.

-Washington. I think of all the incumbent Democratic Senators we haven't polled on yet Maria Cantwell is probably the most potentially vulnerable. I doubt that she actually is vulnerable, but that's why you do the polls.

Voting's open until Monday afternoon. Don't vote 100 times for the same state or we'll throw it out of the mix. Have a good weekend and go Packers I suppose...

http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2011/02/voting-time-again.html
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 01:51:23 AM »

Tennessee ftw!  Cheesy
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2011, 01:55:31 AM »

Yeah, I also voted for TN.

But someone in California has already rigged the vote by casting 100 votes for Washington and 60 for Connecticut.

All other states report just single digit numbers for each state ...
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011, 06:24:24 AM »

I want an Alaska poll. I wanna see Palin trailing@home. (Hey, what with Alaska polling's bad track record and tendency to overstate Democrats, it's pretty damn likely that a poll would show that.)
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 11:50:48 AM »

I voted for CT. Because Dems did (and do) so well in CT, I want to see if there's been any change.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2011, 11:59:57 AM »

Mexino Vote
OKUSA
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2011, 12:19:06 PM »

Tennessee GOP Primary please

Country Star Hank Williams Jr. (R) v. Sen. Bob Corker (R)
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2011, 01:10:22 PM »

Tennessee. The state used to be known as the most politically-liberal in the South, and it is the state of Al Gore.  Has President Obama made any headway among people who voted for Bill Clinton but Dubya and John McCain since then? Is Senator Corker vulnerable to a Democrat or a Tea Party type? Could a Tea Party type beat a Blue Dog Democrat in a Senate campaign in 2012?

Arkansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Tennessee, and West Virginia have voted the same since 1992. They voted firmly for Bill Clinton but were among the worst states for Barack Obama in 2008.

Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2011, 01:23:04 PM »

Tennessee. The state used to be known as the most politically-liberal in the South, and it is the state of Al Gore.  Has President Obama made any headway among people who voted for Bill Clinton but Dubya and John McCain since then? Is Senator Corker vulnerable to a Democrat or a Tea Party type? Could a Tea Party type beat a Blue Dog Democrat in a Senate campaign in 2012?

Arkansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Tennessee, and West Virginia have voted the same since 1992. They voted firmly for Bill Clinton but were among the worst states for Barack Obama in 2008.

I think the results will be much like WV if they really poll the state.

Huckabee should be close to 60% against Obama, Gingrich should have the 2nd best result, Romney third and Palin should also slightly lead there.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2011, 01:27:23 PM »

Tennessee or Connecticut.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies