Catholics vs Protestants
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 09:11:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Catholics vs Protestants
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Catholics vs Protestants  (Read 2635 times)
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2011, 01:00:38 AM »

Ummm... Wow, Connecticut. And apparently I was wrong about NJ. And apparently Louisiana blacks are not substantially Catholic after all.

On the other hand, there might sample size issues going on. And both groups tend to be polarized (Protestants containing evangelicals and blacks, Catholics containing conservative Italians/Irish and Hispanics), so sample size could create some real skew.

Interestingly, 20-30% of Hispanic Americans are Protestant, and data shows that Hispanic Protestants are far more Republican than Hispanic Catholics.
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2011, 02:30:48 AM »

Ummm... Wow, Connecticut. And apparently I was wrong about NJ. And apparently Louisiana blacks are not substantially Catholic after all.

On the other hand, there might sample size issues going on. And both groups tend to be polarized (Protestants containing evangelicals and blacks, Catholics containing conservative Italians/Irish and Hispanics), so sample size could create some real skew.

Interestingly, 20-30% of Hispanic Americans are Protestant, and data shows that Hispanic Protestants are far more Republican than Hispanic Catholics.

Do you know what % are Mormon? I'd think they'd be even more GOP than the Protestants lol.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2011, 01:26:30 PM »

Do you know what % are Mormon? I'd think they'd be even more GOP than the Protestants lol.

a Pew survey from a few years ago indicates about 2% are Mormon.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies