Anybody got a quick list for me (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:37:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Anybody got a quick list for me (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Anybody got a quick list for me  (Read 2754 times)
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: February 07, 2011, 09:00:54 PM »

PA House Districts 71, 73, 76 are in the 35 Senate District

PA House Districts 171 and 82 are in the 34th Senate District.

PA House Districts 83, 84 and possibly 110 are in the 23 Senate District.

I'm sure there are more.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 03:38:27 AM »

PA House Districts 71, 73, 76 are in the 35 Senate District

PA House Districts 171 and 82 are in the 34th Senate District.

PA House Districts 83, 84 and possibly 110 are in the 23 Senate District.

I'm sure there are more.

I don't think that's what HCPIAFM (Lewis Trondheim) had in mind (I'm assuming that there are some House districts partly (but not entirely) in each of those three Senate Districts; Pennsylvania could have some 4:1 nested "pairs" of House and Senate districts as Pennsylvania has 50 Senators and 203 Representatives, and 100.74% of 4/203 is approximately equal to 99.26% of 1/50).  At the risk of sounding rude, having some (or even a decent percentage in states with a high House district:Senate district ratio) House districts entirely within one Senate district is not really notable.  It's to be expected, perhaps, in corners of a state, particularly the pointier ones (eg. the two West Virginia panhandles, the Oklahoma panhandle and eastern Tennessee).  I imagine every Senate district in Maine has at least one House district entirely within each Senate district (of course, Maine's House:Senate member (and district) ratio is 4.31:1, like Pennslyvania's ratio higher than the national average so it would be more unnatural not to have a House district entirely within each Senate district than in most other states).  What's more notable is if all (or even most) Senate districts are made up entirely of whole House districts, not just containing one or more House districts which would be smaller (if both types of districts are single-member districts) after all.

Basically correct, but I'd doubt that most have more than two, for some odd reason.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies