MA: Third Mideast Abortion Statute (Failed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:15:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  MA: Third Mideast Abortion Statute (Failed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MA: Third Mideast Abortion Statute (Failed)  (Read 4272 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: February 06, 2011, 04:27:17 PM »

Slight background for this.

The Third Statute was hotly contested at the time and was passed during a peak of moral posturing (at least the Right to Life Amendment was withdrawn). While I would be more than happy to return to the First Statute, this bill allows for abortions after the first trimester to the 180th day of pregnancy for reasons other than threat to life/rape etc. However unlike the First Statute it requried the consent of two physicians (a simplified version of the rules in Britain). I don't like such compromises usually but it may be the only way to relax our laws.

I oppose this bill, then. The biggest problem with the bill:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Suppose the patient goes to an abortion clinic. Both physicians will obviously say yes. This is, pretty much, allowing all abortions during the specified period.

And the reason we politicians should overrule the consent of two licensed doctors and their willing patient is......?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies