Second Presidential Debate, Feb. 8 - Feb 12 (CLOSING STATEMENTS) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:57:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Second Presidential Debate, Feb. 8 - Feb 12 (CLOSING STATEMENTS) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Second Presidential Debate, Feb. 8 - Feb 12 (CLOSING STATEMENTS)  (Read 1625 times)
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: February 09, 2011, 07:58:58 PM »

Neither.  Atlasia is a lot like Algebra - it seems complicated at first, but once you spend some time with it, it becomes much easier (and it also seems pointless at times).  The general gist of Atlasia - an election and government sim - works quite well.  Certain things can be simplified, and we need a better introductory thread, but on balance, things work well now.

A game in which people are active, actually pay attention (especially to foreign policy) and do not immediately accuse every new poster of being a sock.  I dream of an Atlasia where people are not harassed to the point of being forced out just because they are new, and I really would like to see more competitive elections, with no one party regions anymore.  But, on whole, an Atlasia that is similar to the one we have now, with some slight improvements.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 09:57:31 PM »

1.  What is your opinion of the recent events surrounding the major political parties of Atlasia?

Oy vey.  I think people need to realize that we cannot have parties in Atlasia the way some want - organizations that people will always fall behind.  We are too independent for that.  I don't think parties are a bad thing, but we have to recognize reality.

As for my party specifically, there seems to be a lot of false controversy.  We held a primary, and all candidates did abide by the results.  I fail to see the issue - even now, with a discussion over the new nominee, there is no acrimony; it is all made up.

2.  Will your focus as President be on the in-game aspect or the real world aspect?  What is the most integral part of this focus?

My focus - foreign policy - does both.  I've explained, in depth, why I think foreign policy can increase the in-game and real world portions of the game.  People will get interested in foreign affairs, and then be more active in the game, and the cycle will continue.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 05:55:57 PM »

I'll be brief.  I believe my candidacy is the best one to resurrect Atlasia.  My platform and intended reforms will not only create interest among existing members, but it will draw in new members.  So if you wish to see the game resurrected, vote for me.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies