The NY-26 Election. Have fun but keep your shirt on. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:12:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  The NY-26 Election. Have fun but keep your shirt on. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The NY-26 Election. Have fun but keep your shirt on.  (Read 49796 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: February 09, 2011, 06:57:56 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised to see Jack Quinn III run here, even if his house is outside the district.

He is probably in NY-27, his father, grandfather whatever's old district.

I would think that George Marziarz or whatever his name is would have the nomination if he wanted it. Its chosen by the county party chairman, unless thats changed.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 06:00:21 PM »

Now that we know who the two major party nominees are, the topic line is even more important for them to follow. Wink

Anyhow, aside from 3rd parties and/or scandal, am I correct to assume that it will be a steep uphill climb for the Dems, esp. considering that NY-26 is more conservative than NY-23?

This district, or rather the 28th district was drawn specifically for the purpose of allowing Tom Reynolds to "vote like a Southern Conservative" in this district. This is one of the four districts that McCain actually won over Obama, unlike NY-23 which Obama carried narrowly and was far more Legacy Republican than it was structurally Republican.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 05:44:03 PM »

This is bringing back bad memories. Of Senate pages and resigning Congressman and lost House seats. These crooks will never learn. Roll Eyes
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 09:33:30 PM »

If we win this, does it count as payback for Scott Brown?

No.

Charles Djou. Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 09:37:44 PM »

http://politicalwire.com/archives/2011/05/12/starting_trouble_in_ny-26.html

If this really turns out to have been the way it looks in this short video, this could be Jack Davis' 'macaca moment'.

Sure didn't help Bob Etheridge, that's for sure.

Yeah, but Davis smacked down a Librul!!!

Apparently it was Corwin's Chief of Staff behind the camera.

Not sure when CoS's started spending their time being trackers though.

Wasn't Rand Paul's COS playing the role of stalker right after the primary in KY last spring?
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2011, 08:32:18 PM »

Livingston is close, which is bad news for Corwin. I wonder if some of these rural ultra GOP counties are like the heavily Republican counties in Central and Western PA, all the dems come in first then the Republicans overwhelm them ending with GOP wins by 2-1 and 3-1 margins. 
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2011, 08:40:30 PM »

Livingston is close, which is bad news for Corwin. I wonder if some of these rural ultra GOP counties are like the heavily Republican counties in Central and Western PA, all the dems come in first then the Republicans overwhelm them ending with GOP wins by 2-1 and 3-1 margins. 

Livingston isn't an ultra GOP county though, it gave Obama 45% of the vote so these current results are consistent with what the results are showing in Monroe and Erie.

Indeed, that is true. My main interest was to find out from a demographic standpoint how uniform these "relatively" and strong GOP counties (I think the non-Erie, non-Niagara, non-Monroe Counties have been sufficiently grouped off, now. Tongue).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies