Mark Hatfield vs. Barry Goldwater
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:43:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Alternative Elections (Moderator: Dereich)
  Mark Hatfield vs. Barry Goldwater
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mark Hatfield vs. Barry Goldwater  (Read 1647 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 13, 2011, 10:42:39 AM »

Two Libertarian leaning Republicans, one a moderate and one a Conservative. Maps? My major question would be how places like New Hampshire would go. In today's world they could easily go for either one of them, but how would they vote when decidieng between the two of them?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 10:24:03 PM »

Despie a grand total of 18 epic views... Nuthin'?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 09:15:00 PM »

EPIC Hatfield landslide, having won the majority of liberal and moderate voters and also the pro-life movement.  If Goldwater were really lucky he might keep WY and ID, and get close in OK, but that's it.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2011, 09:17:53 PM »

EPIC Hatfield landslide, having won the majority of liberal and moderate voters and also the pro-life movement.  If Goldwater were really lucky he might keep WY and ID, and get close in OK, but that's it.

Yeah, pretty much.  Not sure how I'd vote for in the present context (although I might be cautiously optimistic about him, he did not have nice things to say about neocons or the Israeli lobby in his later years).
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2011, 09:29:11 PM »

I'd agree with Goldwater more on economics and foreign policy, though Hatfield on abortion, so it'd be a difficult choice for me.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2011, 12:12:48 AM »

I'd agree with Goldwater more on economics and foreign policy, though Hatfield on abortion, so it'd be a difficult choice for me.
You are basically in the quadry that House Republicans are in- You have discovered the fact that it costs money to rein in abortion providers....if not for the exact reason why it would really cost money to rein in abortion providers.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2011, 09:58:19 PM »

That's a toughfie for me. On abortion and foreign policy I agree with Hatfield but with Goldwater on economics.
Liberté
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2011, 10:09:09 PM »

I'm a Goldwaterite on abortion and economics, but Hatfield's foreign policy made vastly more sense and I think Hatfield was much more of an independent dealer in the political arena. Here's how I see an election going down (green = Hatfield, grey = Goldwater):

An extremely narrow Hatfield win, 277-261, built mostly on the back of the South and the Rust Belt. Bear in mind that this map is for an election between them today; I'm not sure Goldwater's stand for state's rights would be as appealing to the South today as in 1964, whereas Hatfield's position on abortion is probably moreso.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies