Boycott the Renamed Airports! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:07:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Boycott the Renamed Airports! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Boycott the Renamed Airports!  (Read 2896 times)
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« on: February 13, 2011, 04:52:51 PM »

Alternatively, we could always rename other airports in honor of Barry Goldwater & Charles de Gaulle. Tongue

NO!! I wouldn't support anything other than restoring the earlier names of the Washington airports.

You want it to just be Washington National Airport again? Interesting.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 05:41:41 PM »

Ah, so renaming it after Reagan wasn't a hack move? lol

It never ceases to amaze me how dumb some people are.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 02:36:05 PM »

The new law is equally as silly the old law. Furthermore, it's equally silly for defenders of the bill to cite the partisan nature of the right to justify their own partisanship. We should just name them after Atlasia's founders, hold hands, and be happy.

Uh, that's not what we're doing. Were pointing out that OfficePark is being ridiculous to decry our "partisanship" while defending the Reagan name.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 08:10:06 PM »

Has anyone taken into consideration the cost of changing the name for these airports?

If you really care so much, you can look up how much it cost in 1998 to rename it after Reagan, account for inflation, and double it.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 08:17:49 PM »

Has anyone taken into consideration the cost of changing the name for these airports?

If you really care so much, you can look up how much it cost in 1998 to rename it after Reagan, account for inflation, and double it.
It was a small amount, but I honestly don't see why we are wasting any taxpayer money on something like this.

I agree with HappyWarrior on this entire issue - If we're going to rename Atlasian airports, let's at least rename them after Atlasians. It was partisan politics to name this after Reagan 13 years ago, and it's partisan politics that's changing it now.

yes, it is hackery, I have never denied that. But it has accomplished exactly what I wanted it to. With ~90 posts in the Senate thread and 40+ here, it has probably become the most discussed bill in this Senate... Maybe it's silly that this is the kind of thing that generates activity, but whatever, it's working. Tongue
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2011, 08:44:11 PM »
« Edited: February 15, 2011, 07:51:48 AM by Gustaf »

Is it partisan to have airports named after FDR or JFK? No, and the same goes for Reagan. Mondale didn't do anything to merit an airport named after him, on the other hand. We know why the Senate voted to give him the name of an airport, and it's because he's a leftist. That's why I'm claiming that the liberals are engaging in hackery, and I maintain that position.

And even bgwah admitted that he was being a hack! (see above post)

If airports already named after Presidents were renamed after FDR and JFK, then yeah, I think that would be partisan.

Mondale was VP. Interesting that illegally selling weapons to Iran and illegally funding death squads "merits" the 1998 renaming, though.

Moderator edit!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies