Boycott the Renamed Airports! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:56:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Boycott the Renamed Airports! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Boycott the Renamed Airports!  (Read 2901 times)
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« on: February 13, 2011, 04:13:20 PM »

I call on all conservatives/sensible Atlasians/non-hacks to boycott the now-renamed airports in the Washington area. From now on, I shall only fly from Baltimore/Washington Airport for Washington air travel.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 04:41:37 PM »

Alternatively, we could always rename other airports in honor of Barry Goldwater & Charles de Gaulle. Tongue

NO!! I wouldn't support anything other than restoring the earlier names of the Washington airports.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 05:13:33 PM »

I said "earlier", that is, their names immediately before this bill passed, not "original".

The airport was named after the country's first president until 1998, when Republicans in Congress forced it to change its name against the wishes of the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority and the people of D.C. and NoVA.

RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2011, 05:48:04 PM »
« Edited: February 13, 2011, 05:51:07 PM by Ronald Wilson Reagan »

I said "earlier", that is, their names immediately before this bill passed, not "original".

The airport was named after the country's first president until 1998, when Republicans in Congress forced it to change its name against the wishes of the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority and the people of D.C. and NoVA.

You see that little red county at the top there? Arlington County? Yeah, that's where the airport is located.

So? Arlington County != NoVA. Reagan won NoVA as a whole, and handily. And even Arlington and Alexandria went to Mondale by only 5 points. So your argument about the 1998 name-change being passed "against the wishes of...NoVA" is dubious at best. Northern Virginians certainly disapprove of the current name more than they did the old one, I'm sure.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2011, 06:02:08 PM »

So? Arlington/Alexandria "leaders" don't speak for the "people of NoVA", which is what your first post had.

You're also using a double standard, as you'll use the opinion of "leaders" when it comes to naming the airport for Reagan, but you voted to rename the airport for Walter Mondale when there was no local input at all!
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2011, 08:21:32 PM »
« Edited: February 14, 2011, 08:30:08 PM by True Conservative »

Is it partisan to have airports named after FDR or JFK? No, and the same goes for Reagan. Mondale didn't do anything to merit an airport named after him, on the other hand. We know why the Senate voted to give him the name of an airport, and it's because he's a leftist. That's why I'm claiming that the liberals are engaging in hackery, and I maintain that position.

And even bgwah admitted that he was being a hack! (see above post)
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2011, 09:36:26 PM »

Is it partisan to have airports named after FDR or JFK? No, and the same goes for Reagan. Mondale didn't do anything to merit an airport named after him, on the other hand. We know why the Senate voted to give him the name of an airport, and it's because he's a leftist. That's why I'm claiming that the liberals are engaging in hackery, and I maintain that position.

And even bgwah admitted that he was being a hack! (see above post)

If airports already named after Presidents were renamed after FDR and JFK, then yeah, I think that would be partisan.

Mondale was VP. Interesting that illegally selling weapons to Iran and illegally funding death squads "merits" the 1998 renaming, though.

But, no offense, you've proven that you are quite intellectually limited, so there's probably no use trying to explain these seemingly easy concepts to you. I'll let you get back to playing with your colored blocks now.

What?! You don't know who you're messing with, sir. If I used foul language, I'd give you a piece of my mind! Go troll somewhere else!!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies