Border Patrol Controls Just 44 Percent of South
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:30:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Border Patrol Controls Just 44 Percent of South
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Border Patrol Controls Just 44 Percent of South  (Read 2174 times)
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2011, 11:04:48 AM »

I think we should form a 'border patrol' patrol. We round up border patrols and ship them off to Siberia, deep in the Amazon, the Sahara, or Wales.

Another keeper.

Yup, try your proposal out on the general public.

RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2011, 12:56:49 PM »

I think we should form a 'border patrol' patrol. We round up border patrols and ship them off to Siberia, deep in the Amazon, the Sahara, or Wales.

Another keeper.

Just because the general public thinks something doesn't make it right. There are way too many examples of this fact.
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2011, 01:27:03 PM »

Another keeper.

Just because the general public thinks something doesn't make it right. There are way too many examples of this fact.

Social Security, for starters.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2011, 02:00:50 AM »

When I get new information which corrects prior posts, I add that information.

Federal Auditor: Border Patrol Can Stop Illegal Entries Along Only 129 Miles of 1,954-Mile Mexican Border

Thursday, March 31, 2011
By Terence P. Jeffrey

(CNSNews.com) - Richard M. Stana, director of homeland security and justice issues at the Government Accountability Office (which is responsible for “auditing agency operations to determine whether federal funds are being spent efficiently and effectively”), told the Senate Homeland Security Committee yesterday that the federal government can actually prevent or stop illegal entries into the United States along only 129 miles of the 1,954-mile-long U.S.-Mexico border.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/federal-auditor-border-patrol-can-stop-i
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2011, 04:30:30 AM »

*Joe Miller mode on* If East Germany has done it, America can as well! *Joe Miller mode off*
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2011, 04:32:15 AM »

*Joe Miller mode on* If East Germany has done it, America can as well! *Joe Miller mode off*

Just what non-citizens of East Germany wanted to illegally enter East Germany?

Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2011, 04:33:59 AM »

Ask Joe Miller.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2011, 04:55:49 AM »

Ask Joe Miller.

So, you have no idea of what you posted?!?

If you are asserting the quote to Mr. Miller, would you please be so good as to provide the url?

Is it possible it is not an exact quotation, but just your interpretation?
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2011, 04:58:44 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2010/10/more-trouble-for-joe-miller-east-germany-and-ethics/64795/
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2011, 05:05:24 AM »

I think Andy Barr put it well in Politico when he stated that:

“Miller did not note that the purpose of the Berlin Wall and East German security was to keep large numbers of people from emigrating to the West.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1010/43820.html#ixzz1IGS1aLU8

Oh well, Miller said a number of stupid things after getting the Republican nomination.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2011, 05:11:02 AM »

And I very much doubt that Joe Miller cares whether it is about keeping people in or keeping people out. That's beside the point. The point was that a general "shoot to kill" order is an effective measure for ensuring border security.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2011, 05:21:04 AM »

And I very much doubt that Joe Miller cares whether it is about keeping people in or keeping people out. That's beside the point. The point was that a general "shoot to kill" order is an effective measure for ensuring border security.

And I return to my original point relative to your initial post on this thread.

Aside from demonstrating that Joe Miller said stupid things, what the heck does it have to do with the substance of the thread?

Or are you trying to suggest that you agree with Mr. Miller on how to approach border matters?
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2011, 05:23:22 AM »
« Edited: April 01, 2011, 05:32:10 AM by Muammar Gadaffi loves me like a son »

Or are you trying to suggest that you agree with Mr. Miller on how to approach border matters?

Playing dumb now, I see.

I agree with Joe Miller insofar that "border patrols" like East Germany once had are probably the only way to ensure a 100% or even 90% border security.

I disagree with him insofar that this kind of border security would be a desirable thing.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2011, 05:35:12 AM »

Playing dumb now, I see.

I agree with Joe Miller insofar that "border patrols" like East Germany once had are probably the only way to ensure a 100% or even 90% border security.

I disagree with him insofar that this kind of border security would be a desirable thing.

So, you would maintain that only rather bizzare methods can achieve border security, and that since you oppose such methods you are therefor opposed to border security?

Hmm.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2011, 05:39:54 AM »

Playing dumb now, I see.

So, you would maintain that only rather bizzare methods can achieve border security, and that since you oppose such methods you are therefor opposed to border security?

Hmm.

I would maintain what I was just saying. Any further interpretations/distortions on your part are not my primary concern.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2011, 05:42:32 AM »

Playing dumb now, I see.

Hmm.

I would maintain what I was just saying. Any further interpretations/distortions on your part are not my primary concern.

I am seeking clarification, and you insist on ducking simple questions.

Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies