Rasmussen - 50% are Pro-Choice
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 02:16:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Rasmussen - 50% are Pro-Choice
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rasmussen - 50% are Pro-Choice  (Read 765 times)
Capitan Zapp Brannigan
Addicted to Politics

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 18, 2011, 11:44:20 AM »
« edited: February 20, 2011, 09:41:57 AM by Lunar »

A new Rasmussen Reports telephone survey finds that 50% of Likely U.S. Voters consider themselves pro-choice, while 40% say they are pro-life,

I thought that it was trending more towards the pro-life view lately? Of course, he does have this as likely voters so, who knows.

edit: Link here
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 11:47:26 AM »

What on earth does Scott think a "likely voter" is at this point?
Capitan Zapp Brannigan
Addicted to Politics

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2011, 11:51:45 AM »

In 2009 Gallup found a very different result.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/118399/more-americans-pro-life-than-pro-choice-first-time.aspx
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2011, 11:55:06 AM »

A really large number of Americans in the middle have muddled and conflicted thoughts about the issue that are not captured by either label.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2011, 12:30:40 PM »

A really large number of Americans in the middle have muddled and conflicted thoughts about the issue that are not captured by either label.

I'd end up being counted with unlabeled, but I'm not conflicted or muddled.......I just don't see it as an either/or issue.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2011, 12:33:24 PM »

I'd end up being counted with unlabeled, but I'm not conflicted or muddled.......I just don't see it as an either/or issue.

Ok.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2011, 01:31:07 PM »

It all depends on how the question is phrased. This issue is very sensitive to that. Folks are ambivalent about abortion. I am quite confident that if one sorted through all the noise, my position on abortion is probably has majority support: legal in the first trimester, and then things get more and more restricted. If you want an abortion, get it early, or plan to have the baby unless something medically goes wrong, or the sonigram shows that you are carrying Rosemary's baby.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2011, 01:33:06 PM »

It all depends on how the question is phrased. This issue is very sensitive to that. Folks are ambivalent about abortion. I am quite confident that if one sorted through all the noise, my position on abortion is probably has majority support: legal in the first trimester, and then things get more and more restricted. If you want an abortion, get it early, or plan to have the baby unless something medically goes wrong, or the sonigram shows that you are carrying Rosemary's baby.

Almost my position to the letter..........
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2011, 01:43:12 PM »

If this is right, it'd be a reverse in the trend.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2011, 04:30:47 PM »

I think this being a "likely voter" sample accounts for a lot.  Republicans are now acting like they are back in power and America is going back to hating them again.  Obama's popularity is rising and the likely voter sample is now becoming increasingly more liberal.
Redalgo
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2011, 06:05:29 PM »

In support of this, Gallup has these other numbers.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2011, 07:39:38 PM »

I think that those labels only really apply to those on the extremes of the issue. Most are in the middle and the real debate is over when should it be legal and when not. Plus there is the issue of personal belief and what people think should be the law.

I am against it personally, but i don't think the state should be able to remove the option. Although I do think the state should limit it to first trimester so i guess i do a bit.

So am i pro-life or pro-choice? Not sure which i would answer.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2011, 06:22:32 PM »

I think that those labels only really apply to those on the extremes of the issue. Most are in the middle and the real debate is over when should it be legal and when not. Plus there is the issue of personal belief and what people think should be the law.

I am against it personally, but i don't think the state should be able to remove the option. Although I do think the state should limit it to first trimester so i guess i do a bit.

So am i pro-life or pro-choice? Not sure which i would answer.

Probably pro-choice. You believe that 90% of the abortions that happen should legal. That what I go off of.  If you think that 80% or more of abortions should be illegal, I would consider you anti-abortion. If you think that 50% or more of abortions should be legal, I would consider you pro-choice and if you are somewhere in between, I am guessing you are genuinely open-minded on the issue.

I come up with these figures when I see statistics that claim that only 5-15% of abortions are theraputic but only 5-15% of abortions happen after the first 10 or 12 weeks of gestation. There are of course other statistics. You can find them on the Alan Guttmacher page or wikipedia..
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2011, 09:54:52 AM »

Intersting poll.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2011, 10:07:47 AM »

Rasmussen Issue poll ========> garbage bin.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies