We pardon this lecture on political civility... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:36:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  We pardon this lecture on political civility... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: We pardon this lecture on political civility...  (Read 3431 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« on: February 19, 2011, 03:09:34 AM »

Wake me up when protesters ask to see Walker's birth certificate.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 12:52:09 PM »

So because some Wisconcin protesters made themselves a dumb sign, all the Tea Party signs now are okay?

In fairness, that doesn't seem to be Phil's point. Rather it seems to be that there are stupids on both sides.

What else is new?

OK so what does that make the ratio of stupid signs in relation to teabagger stupid signs? 1:1000?

Both sides have probably equal proportions of their protestors with inappropriate signs.

Ummm...

No?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 03:14:43 PM »

The only defender of the truthers on this forum was Libertas, all left wingers mocked them.

What does this forum have to do with anything? Majority of truthers are/were definitely left-wingers, although obviously the movement attracted some libertarian and paleo paranoids as well.

I'm pretty sure that most "truthers" would be libertarian/Ron Paul types. Not liking George W. Bush does not necessarily make one a left-winger.

I think the left wing position on the War on Terror is that it's a War for Oil.  But that does not necessarily entail a 9/11 conspiracy.

There were some truthers in the left too but I don't remember any of them being elected in congress or commanding the respect of the Democratic establishment.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2011, 03:53:28 PM »

The only defender of the truthers on this forum was Libertas, all left wingers mocked them.

What does this forum have to do with anything? Majority of truthers are/were definitely left-wingers, although obviously the movement attracted some libertarian and paleo paranoids as well.

I'm pretty sure that most "truthers" would be libertarian/Ron Paul types. Not liking George W. Bush does not necessarily make one a left-winger.

I think the left wing position on the War on Terror is that it's a War for Oil.  But that does not necessarily entail a 9/11 conspiracy.

There were some truthers in the left too but I don't remember any of them being elected in congress or commanding the respect of the Democratic establishment.

Cynthia McKinney, Dennis Kucinich, Mike Gravel...

McKinney was thrown out from the party and Gravel certainly commands no respect from anyone in the party establishment.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies