The GOP path to victory (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:47:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The GOP path to victory (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The GOP path to victory  (Read 2867 times)
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: February 20, 2011, 03:44:03 PM »

In my opinion, the GOP's best shot at winning the Presidency next year, is to win just a few states, and solidify what is already red.

Now, what do I mean by solidify? States like West Virginia, Mississippi, Arkansas, Oklahoma...I don't think they're going anywhere. If anything, it's possible the President does worse than in 2008 especially if the Republicans nominate someone more conservative-appealing than John McCain.

So, let's start with "solid" states, more or less. Obama vs....let's call the GOP nominee "Ginromdaorum" for now.

Obama: 210
Ginromdaorum: 139
Undecided: 189

Now, if the GOP can hold the McCain states, then it can focus on pulling back Indiana, North Carolina, Virginia and the pesky Nebraska CD.

Ginromdaorum: 219
Obama: 210
Undecided: 109

Now, if the GOP can win back Florida, and Ohio, both of which (especially Florida) have been trending well for Republicans, that puts them just 4 electoral votes away...but it becomes difficult.

Ginromdaorum: 266
Obama: 246
Undecided: 26

They need one of those four states: Iowa, Nevada, New Mexico and Colorado. I, personally, think New Mexico is Obama territory in 2012. Nevada, Colorado and Iowa would be the most likely to flip back. If the GOP wins, let's say, Nevada....it's done.

Ginromdaorum: 272
Obama: 266

I'd say the key is the west. Ohio, Florida and Virginia in my opinion may actually be easier for the GOP to win back than Colorado, New Mexico and Iowa. Anyone else agree?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies