Indiana GOP lines up behind Lugar's primary challenger (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:01:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Indiana GOP lines up behind Lugar's primary challenger (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Indiana GOP lines up behind Lugar's primary challenger  (Read 9713 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« on: February 21, 2011, 01:50:32 PM »

I know my county chairman very well, and I'm extremely disappointed she will be supporting Mourdock. Hopefully Lugar can pull through.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 04:19:35 PM »

I've kind of been on the fence for the Senate race. Lugar has already been in the Senate for 30+ years, an he can arguably be called a RINO. But, I know that a certain person on this forum* will be extremely PO'd if I don't side with Team Lugar.

Murdock, however, is an actual conservative. Thus...I'm going for Murdock.

*Do I even need to say the name?
The fact that so many Hoosiers want to throw away one of this nation's most respected and knowledgeable Senators for someone who will just be a rubber stamp for the Tea Party doesn't make me angry. It disappoints me. This entire process reminds me of something occurred back in 1692...
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 11:28:54 PM »

Yes Obama won Indiana. However he only won 7 or so counties. All in either the first or seventh districts. The first being Gary. The seventh bring Indy.  Indiana will not be in the Obama column in 2012.
We are not the prototypical Obama state. We are the most conservative of the states he won.  Also recognize the Tea Party is strong here.

Lugar is simply not conservative enough.
He also won Vigo and Monroe for sure, possibly a couple others. That brings the 8th and 9th in as well.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 06:49:50 PM »

I respect Mitch Daniels a lot more now. Good to see Indiana having public officials with some common sense.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011, 10:28:13 PM »

Lugar was once considered pretty conservative-back in the 1970s.

Reagan would be considered a RINO in today's Republican Party (not the GOP's fantasy "Reagan")
Lugar is a conservative. He just apparently isn't conservative enough.

This race has my blood boiling, and we're still over a year out. Mourdock's now attacking Lugar for co-sponsoring a bill with Obama. He must not know that happens all the time in Washington, and some of the Senate's most conservative members have done it with Senators even more liberal than Obama was.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies