Future voting patterns....
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:47:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Future voting patterns....
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: Future voting patterns....  (Read 40183 times)
DarthKosh

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: March 23, 2004, 01:03:28 PM »

Supersoulty,

I agree. The first Black or Hispanic President of the United States will come from the Republican Party. Why? Because the Republicans will nominate a minority candidate who is an American first, a Republican second and a minority third. The Democrats will nominuate someone who is a Democrat first, a minority second, a "citizen of the world" third, and an American fourth!!!

Exactly my point.

The counter-argument id of course that a Democratic minority candidate would probably stand a much better chance of winning.

The Dem canidate would be a lot more radical.

Not necessarily.

Yes they would be.  99 percent of all elected black politicans that are Dems are lunatics.  The only one I see that isn't is Harold Ford.

WE're talking about a distant future, and it doesn't have to be a black. It could be a Hispanic, or even a Jew, as long as it can be considered an ethnical minority.

Anybody can be an ethnic minority.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #76 on: March 23, 2004, 01:04:21 PM »

Supersoulty,

I agree. The first Black or Hispanic President of the United States will come from the Republican Party. Why? Because the Republicans will nominate a minority candidate who is an American first, a Republican second and a minority third. The Democrats will nominuate someone who is a Democrat first, a minority second, a "citizen of the world" third, and an American fourth!!!

Exactly my point.

The counter-argument id of course that a Democratic minority candidate would probably stand a much better chance of winning.

Not necessarily.

Yes they would be.  99 percent of all elected black politicans that are Dems are lunatics.  The only one I see that isn't is Harold Ford.

WE're talking about a distant future, and it doesn't have to be a black. It could be a Hispanic, or even a Jew, as long as it can be considered an ethnical minority.

Many can, but not so many actually are considered as such.
CTguy

« Reply #77 on: March 23, 2004, 01:06:20 PM »

Supersoulty,

Exactly my point.

Not necessarily.

As a brown haired blue eyed waspy white person who is also a democrat aren't I an ethnic minority?
DarthKosh

« Reply #78 on: March 23, 2004, 01:07:27 PM »

Supersoulty,

Exactly my point.

Not necessarily.

As a brown haired blue eyed waspy white person who is also a democrat aren't I an ethnic minority?

What's your ethnic backround?  I am part russian so I am an ethnic minority.
CTguy

« Reply #79 on: March 23, 2004, 01:09:40 PM »

Irish (1/4) German (1/2) and Spanish (1/4)
DarthKosh

« Reply #80 on: March 23, 2004, 01:10:46 PM »

Irish (1/4) German (1/2) and Spanish (1/4)

Have a hard time getting along with yourself? Wink
CTguy

« Reply #81 on: March 23, 2004, 03:25:15 PM »

Sometimes...  I think there might even be a little french in the german...

though I'm sure most everyone in this country has ancestors that went to war with eachother at one point... heh.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #82 on: March 23, 2004, 05:52:00 PM »

Supersoulty,

the Republicans will nominate a minority candidate who is an American first, a Republican second and a minority third.

And that's the truth.  See, for example, even though none of my grandparents were born in this country, and even though I had folks on both sides of World War II, I am one-hundred percent American.  If you can get past calling yourself a quarter of this, or two tablespoons of that, then you can be a republican too.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #83 on: March 23, 2004, 06:01:18 PM »

Miguel Estrada 2016!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #84 on: March 23, 2004, 06:05:26 PM »

I think his legal expertease recommends him much better to the judiciary rather than the executive branch, but then I'm not a lawyer.  He is a well-respected man, but unfortunately he hasn't passed muster with certain members of the senate judiciary committee.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #85 on: March 23, 2004, 06:08:23 PM »

I think his legal expertease recommends him much better to the judiciary rather than the executive branch, but then I'm not a lawyer.  He is a well-respected man, but unfortunately he hasn't passed muster with certain members of the senate judiciary committee.

i think that he will be on the Supreme Court someday, that was more of a joke than anything.  He can't run anyway, being born in Venuzuela(sp) and all.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #86 on: March 23, 2004, 06:09:00 PM »

Orrin Hatch has introduced a bill addressing that.  Wink
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #87 on: March 23, 2004, 06:11:17 PM »

Orrin Hatch has introduced a bill addressing that.  Wink

Which part?
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #88 on: March 23, 2004, 06:18:02 PM »

Oh, let me see if I can dig up a link.  Basically I was referring to his newfound fondness for Gov. Schwarzennegger.  So he wants to amend the US Constitution so that foreign-born citizens of the USA can be elected President.  I don't know whether it has any realistic chance of getting through the pipeline, though.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #89 on: March 23, 2004, 06:21:07 PM »

Oh, let me see if I can dig up a link.  Basically I was referring to his newfound fondness for Gov. Schwarzennegger.  So he wants to amend the US Constitution so that foreign-born citizens of the USA can be elected President.  I don't know whether it has any realistic chance of getting through the pipeline, though.

Oh, yeah, I remember now, we talked about this.  I would be in favor of a clause that would make the requirement 30 years living in the United States and you have to have come here and become a citizen before the age of 18.
dunn

« Reply #90 on: March 23, 2004, 06:28:45 PM »

Supersoulty 2036!!!!
Smiley
classical liberal
RightWingNut

Political Matrix
E: 9.35, S: -8.26

« Reply #91 on: March 23, 2004, 06:59:03 PM »
« Edited: March 23, 2004, 09:27:20 PM by RightWingNut »

supersoulty-
I agree with your EV values except SC and TN.

Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #92 on: April 18, 2009, 10:26:09 AM »

Supersoulty,

Wrong
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #93 on: April 18, 2009, 12:26:37 PM »

lol...
Republicans had a better chance at putting up a Republican than Democrats, looking back at 2004. Most people didn't know much about BO, and those who did probably didn't think he would run due to lack of experience. Republicans had Rice and Powell up there, and both were, and still are, very electable.
This is my thought by 2028...
The south won't be as heavy Republican, although most states will still vote Republican comfortably. Democrats will take Arizona and Colorado away from us, and all together, just dominate in the west and southwest, including making Texas competitive. Republicans will make huge strides in the North. Ohio, Michigan, and Wisconsin will all be Republican, while Illinois, Missouri, and Iowa will be toss-ups, along with Pennyslvania. Just like how Democrat's make the south competitve, the Republicans will make the Northeast competitve. Republican will continue their dominance in the midwest.

Republican >30%- Barely Republican
Republican >50%- Lean Republican
Republican >70%-Strong Republican
Democrat >30%-Barely Democrat
Democrat >50%-Lean Democrat
Democrat >70%-Strong Democrat

My map...

North Carolina is the tossup state. That's just me choosing the state I would think to be the closest in that election. The electoral count gives Republicans a 261-262 lead.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #94 on: April 18, 2009, 03:28:33 PM »

lol...
Republicans had a better chance at putting up a Republican than Democrats, looking back at 2004. Most people didn't know much about BO, and those who did probably didn't think he would run due to lack of experience. Republicans had Rice and Powell up there, and both were, and still are, very electable.
The south won't be as heavy Republican, although most states will still vote Republican comfortably. Democrats will take Arizona and Colorado away from us, and all together, just dominate in the west and southwest, including making Texas competitive. Republicans will make huge strides in the North. Ohio, Michigan, and Wisconsin will all be Republican, while Illinois, Missouri, and Iowa will be toss-ups, along with Pennyslvania. Just like how Democrat's make the south competitve, the Republicans will make the Northeast competitve. Republican will continue their dominance in the midwest.

My map...

North Carolina is the tossup state. That's just me choosing the state I would think to be the closest in that election. The electoral count gives Republicans a 261-262 lead.

LOL The northern Midwest becoming solid GOP...
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #95 on: April 18, 2009, 03:43:56 PM »

lol...

My map...

This is 20 years away. For all you or I know, a third party could emerge and dominate. I'm just making a guess based on trends and such.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #96 on: April 18, 2009, 03:50:45 PM »

lol...

My map...

This is 20 years away. For all you or I know, a third party could emerge and dominate. I'm just making a guess based on trends and such.

Just a question : what does it give in electoral votes ?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #97 on: April 18, 2009, 03:54:36 PM »

lol...

My map...

Just a question : what does it give in electoral votes ?
I believe I stated that underneath the map. The Republican has a 261-262 lead.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #98 on: April 18, 2009, 04:11:29 PM »

lol...

My map...

Explain Illinois, Connecticut, New Hampshire, and Maine going Republican. 
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #99 on: April 18, 2009, 06:59:30 PM »

It's just an educated guess. My thoughts are, that while Latino's start breaking hard Democrat, African-Americans will start trending Republican. Now, we won't win the black vote, but it won't be a landslide. Maybe, 65-35. Therefore, we won't lose by as much in cites such as Chicago or New York. As states around it start trending Republican, I suspect it will too! It's the only state in that area that is a solid Democrat. Something has to give.
The Republican party will become much more moderate, appealing to whites in places such as Connecticut. The Democrat party will be dominated by older liberals and Latino's. Connecticut is a stretch, but once again, this is only a guess. Utah could be voting Democrat in 20 years...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies