Office of former Governor Oakvale: Adios, all, and thank you!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:15:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of former Governor Oakvale: Adios, all, and thank you!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
Author Topic: Office of former Governor Oakvale: Adios, all, and thank you!  (Read 18664 times)
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: November 29, 2010, 12:22:20 PM »

In other news, I was sad to see that the great fuzzybigfoot resigned as Pacific Justice. He did a fantastic job, and should be an example to emulate for his successors. I wish him all the best in his new role as a regional activist.

As for his successor, I'm thrilled to announce the nomination of Antonio V as Pacific Justice. Smiley

Antonio's an active citizen, a former Lieutenant Governor of the region - my predecesor in the job, actually - and I'm confident that he'll live up to the standard set by fuzzy.

Incidentally, I'll be tacking on a very minor amendment to the legislature thing - basically, it'll change the term of office of the Justice from a life-long affair to one that lasts four months, renewable indefinitely. In other words, the Justice will be appointed/re-appointed when the Governor takes office.

This makes things a little easier for all concerned - it lets a bored Justice exit handily, for a start. Tongue

Obviously, I'll be re-appointing Antonio if he so wishes if I win a second term as Governor.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #126 on: November 29, 2010, 12:53:31 PM »

Thank you, Mr Governor. I'm proud to accept your appointment. Smiley
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #127 on: November 29, 2010, 01:04:02 PM »

Congratulations Antonio Smiley

Rule well with your Mighty Gavel of Justice.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #128 on: December 03, 2010, 09:57:10 AM »

All heads of regional govt's, please check my office (The Internal Affairs office) for important business...
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #129 on: December 09, 2010, 03:50:52 PM »

With election day upon us - I'll be opening the voting booth at 9:00 PM - I thought I'd say a few words about why I think Archangel and I deserve re-election. It's true we're fortunate enough to be running unopposed, but we're not going to take your vote for granted. Smiley

You may not have agreed with all the things we've done as a team, but I think making the Lieutenant Governor a somewhat useful position, creating the useful and interesting role of Pacific Justice, and - touch wood - breathing new life into the legislature - and my succesful push for a dedicated regional board is work that we as a region can be proud of. I've said time and time again that increasing activity is the goal of my administration, and I think it's fairly evident that we're making major strides in that field.

As Governor, I've had a consistent record of putting policy before politics - I've worked closely with my friend and gubernatorial colleague Tmthforu in the Education Caucus, and found myself occasionally siding with the unlikely ally and friend that is Jbrase in the legislature. At the same time, I've worked closely with staunch liberals like Antonio V - who, incidentally, really deserves your vote for the at-large Senate election - and former Justice fuzzybigfoot, and vowed to veto a bill which would restrict a woman's right to choose.

Furthermore, I'm greatly looking forward to (hopefully) the new legislature, and can't wait to work with our soon-to-be-elected Councillors.

One more thing - I couldn't have done any of what I've achieved without my friend ArchangelZero. A visionary, dedicated public servant, Archangel has quietly and diligently kept the Pacific sections of the wiki updated, taken on the thankless and unforgiving task of drafting the legislature amendment, and I couldn't have asked for a better Lieutenant Governor. It's no exaggeration to say that my administration owes many of its achievements to him. Smiley

So, there you have it - that's my case. Vote Oakvale/ArchangelZero! Grin
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #130 on: December 09, 2010, 04:40:02 PM »

With election day upon us - I'll be opening the voting booth at 9:00 PM - I thought I'd say a few words about why I think Archangel and I deserve re-election. It's true we're fortunate enough to be running unopposed, but we're not going to take your vote for granted. Smiley

You may not have agreed with all the things we've done as a team, but I think making the Lieutenant Governor a somewhat useful position, creating the useful and interesting role of Pacific Justice, and - touch wood - breathing new life into the legislature - and my succesful push for a dedicated regional board is work that we as a region can be proud of. I've said time and time again that increasing activity is the goal of my administration, and I think it's fairly evident that we're making major strides in that field.

As Governor, I've had a consistent record of putting policy before politics - I've worked closely with my friend and gubernatorial colleague Tmthforu in the Education Caucus, and found myself occasionally siding with the unlikely ally and friend that is Jbrase in the legislature. At the same time, I've worked closely with staunch liberals like Antonio V - who, incidentally, really deserves your vote for the at-large Senate election - and former Justice fuzzybigfoot, and vowed to veto a bill which would restrict a woman's right to choose.

Furthermore, I'm greatly looking forward to (hopefully) the new legislature, and can't wait to work with our soon-to-be-elected Councillors.

One more thing - I couldn't have done any of what I've achieved without my friend ArchangelZero. A visionary, dedicated public servant, Archangel has quietly and diligently kept the Pacific sections of the wiki updated, taken on the thankless and unforgiving task of drafting the legislature amendment, and I couldn't have asked for a better Lieutenant Governor. It's no exaggeration to say that my administration owes many of its achievements to him. Smiley

Endorsed!
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #131 on: December 10, 2010, 08:55:51 AM »

Endorsed!

^^^
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #132 on: December 10, 2010, 12:22:07 PM »

Hey everbody,

Voting's now open in the Senate elections, and in the Pacific gubernatorial election.

Please vote in both! Smiley
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #133 on: December 17, 2010, 12:28:28 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Thanks, everybody. On the day the landmark legislature amendment passes, giving a genuinely unique system of government, my second term as Governor begins. All I'll say is that I hope I can be as productive as I've been in my first, and that I'll continue to try my best. Smiley

As for the new Pacific Council - if you want to run, announce now!
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #134 on: December 17, 2010, 05:49:14 PM »

Congratulation, Mr. Governor ! Smiley
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #135 on: December 18, 2010, 01:10:16 AM »

I'll run for Pacific Council. 
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #136 on: December 18, 2010, 05:30:12 AM »

Great ! Cheesy Endorsed.
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #137 on: December 19, 2010, 12:17:03 AM »

Thanks!  Cheesy
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #138 on: December 22, 2010, 06:26:18 PM »

Just a few words -

Well, it's been an eventful few months. I never expected to be Governor, and, indeed, was only elevated to this position by a fluke - Ebowed was appointed to the Supreme Court. I won't be around much in the next few days - busy with the "holidays" - but we've had an unusually active time in the Pacific lately, and I'm very proud that the legislature amendment passed - I couldn't have asked for a better start to what will be my second and final term as Governor. Smiley

So, I guess what I'm trying to say is, Happy Festivus, everyone! Tongue
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #139 on: December 25, 2010, 01:26:59 AM »

Just a few words -

Well, it's been an eventful few months. I never expected to be Governor, and, indeed, was only elevated to this position by a fluke - Ebowed was appointed to the Supreme Court. I won't be around much in the next few days - busy with the "holidays" - but we've had an unusually active time in the Pacific lately, and I'm very proud that the legislature amendment passed - I couldn't have asked for a better start to what will be my second and final term as Governor. Smiley

So, I guess what I'm trying to say is, Happy Festivus, everyone! Tongue

EVERYBODY DANCE NOW!!!!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #140 on: January 09, 2011, 11:12:38 AM »

Mr Governor, I must bring to your attention that the office of PA Justice is now vacant due to the start of my senatorial term. I wish you good luck finding someone to willing to take the job. Wink
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #141 on: January 09, 2011, 02:34:11 PM »

Mr Governor, I must bring to your attention that the office of PA Justice is now vacant due to the start of my senatorial term. I wish you good luck finding someone to willing to take the job. Wink

Thanks for your dedicated service, Senator, and I'll be appointing a suitable replacement as soon as I recover from my current dose of Black Plague. Tongue
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #142 on: January 11, 2011, 05:31:18 PM »

My congratulations to our four newly-elected https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=130340]Councilors ! Grin

realisticidealist, Jbrase, fuzzybigfoot and Xahar never had much of a challenge considering there were only four seats, but we were lucky in that they were all wonderful candidates for the great democratic experiment that is the Council.

Check out this map, too -

Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #143 on: February 03, 2011, 07:52:16 AM »

FYI, I'm waiting until after the Presidential election to appoint a replacement Justice, as I am too powerful and lazy to do so before then.

Wink
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #144 on: February 11, 2011, 12:07:44 PM »

Everyone should get into the voting booth ASAP and cast your vote on the Fair Amending Amendment.

I'll be voting in favour of the amendment - the current procedure is overly strict IMO.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #145 on: March 14, 2011, 01:12:06 PM »

I've been elected to the Senate, somehow, which means my time as your Governor is over.

I had a lot of fun, and did some work I'm genuinely proud of. It's been a great experience, and I'll miss it. But, hey, I'll be back. Wink

I wish Archangel all the best, and I'm confident he'll do a wonderful job.

PS: There's a sappier goodbye over in the legislature thread. Tongue
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies