"In general elections, the more charismatic candidate wins" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 07:15:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  "In general elections, the more charismatic candidate wins" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "In general elections, the more charismatic candidate wins"  (Read 5647 times)
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: May 14, 2011, 02:09:43 AM »

(Bump)

1960 - Kennedy was quite obviously more charismatic than Nixon
1964 - While Goldwater was a relatively good speaker, Johnson had the Southern charm.
1968 - Humphrey was a good speaker, but came across as a bit buffoonish to a lot of people. I think Nixon was sort of charismatic in a strange kind of way. I'd say they were about even.
1972 - McGovern didn't really look the part, although he had some charm.
1976 - Ford was probably the most uncharismatic President since World War II, imo. Carter had Southern charm, although maybe not the same kind as LBJ.
1980 - Reagan was an actor, so yeah.
1984 - Mondale had some wit ("Where's the beef?") but was not in the same league as Reagan.
1988 - Dukakis didn't really even try to be charismatic (as a lot of candidates do). Bush had a bit of grandfatherly charm.
1992 - Clinton was the most charismatic President since FDR, imo. Perot was a good debater, but I think his accent got on some people's nerves.
1996 - Dole had a bit of the grandfatherly charm too. Too bad for him that he was up against Clinton.
2000 - Gore has always been a good speaker, but lacks a lot of charm. Bush had charisma back then, which seemed to fade as his Presidency went on.
2004 - Kerry was basically in the same league as Dukakis.
2008 - Obama is obviously very charismatic. McCain is another member of the grandfatherly charisma league.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies