SENATE BILL: Do Not PM List Act (Law'd)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 09:29:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: Do Not PM List Act (Law'd)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: Do Not PM List Act (Law'd)  (Read 9625 times)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: March 28, 2011, 10:34:53 PM »

what is the reason for tabling this?
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #76 on: March 28, 2011, 10:53:42 PM »

It's a bad bill and the sponsor doesn't seem to care about it.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #77 on: March 29, 2011, 11:32:29 PM »

Aye to table.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #78 on: March 30, 2011, 10:18:44 AM »

this issue is going to keep coming up again until we find a solution so

nay
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #79 on: March 30, 2011, 11:02:39 AM »

Yeah, okay, we'll sort something out eventually. Aye to table.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #80 on: March 30, 2011, 04:03:46 PM »

What the hell ? Huh

Nay
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #81 on: March 30, 2011, 06:06:28 PM »

Vote on tabling of the Do Not PM List Bill:

Ayes (5): bgwah, Kalwejt, Oakvale, RowanBrandon Snowguy
Nays (3): Antonio V, NC Yankee, Shua
Abstain (0):

Didn't vote (2): Duke's Happy feet

With 2/3rd's of the Senate, duly choosen and sworn, having not voted in the affirmative the motion to table IS NOT adopted.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #82 on: March 30, 2011, 06:08:57 PM »

I have sent private communiques to the sponsor requesting an answer regarding the amendment.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #83 on: March 30, 2011, 11:28:22 PM »

nayyyy
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #84 on: March 30, 2011, 11:31:59 PM »

Vote is long over, Duke. Tongue The rules call for a strict 48 hours.

Now do you accept the amendment (a page or two back thanks to bgwah's shannigans) as friendly or hostile?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #85 on: March 31, 2011, 08:28:34 PM »

Sorry. I've been tied up recently with some things pertaining to the girlfriend. I accept his amendment, if only I could find it. That said, he's being hostile and this is the last time I'll accept anything from him.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #86 on: March 31, 2011, 08:42:53 PM »

Sorry. I've been tied up recently with some things pertaining to the girlfriend. I accept his amendment, if only I could find it. That said, he's being hostile and this is the last time I'll accept anything from him.

Huh what did I do to you?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #87 on: March 31, 2011, 09:19:57 PM »

Bgwah....not you. I'm kidding around. Tongue
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #88 on: March 31, 2011, 09:51:29 PM »

I really don't see the point of this. What was wrong with deregistration exactly? I feel like someone said it was a bad idea and overnight everyone changed their minds on it and we all moved on without any argument. This is certainly not a decent substitute. If someone really doesn't want to be involved in Atlasia again are they really going to have a breakdown if PM'ed once or twice before they fall off the rolls? Bgwah's objections to this thing are on the money.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #89 on: March 31, 2011, 10:15:39 PM »

I really don't see the point of this. What was wrong with deregistration exactly? I feel like someone said it was a bad idea and overnight everyone changed their minds on it and we all moved on without any argument. This is certainly not a decent substitute. If someone really doesn't want to be involved in Atlasia again are they really going to have a breakdown if PM'ed once or twice before they fall off the rolls? Bgwah's objections to this thing are on the money.
our RG said if we passed a deregistration bill he would resign. the problem as I understand it is that it is supposed to be impossible to keep track of changes in status that occurred before a person was deregistered when the person decided to register again, so you could have people deregistering and then registering again so that they could change regions or escape penalties. however I do not know if actually this problem is insurmountable or not.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #90 on: March 31, 2011, 10:24:32 PM »

our RG said if we passed a deregistration bill he would resign. the problem as I understand it is that it is supposed to be impossible to keep track of changes in status that occurred before a person was deregistered when the person decided to register again, so you could have people deregistering and then registering again so that they could change regions or escape penalties. however I do not know if actually this problem is insurmountable or not.

Good Lord almighty, that is what halted a deregistration bill? Just write around that requiring a cooldown period before reregistration, or make all current restrictions continue to apply regardless of registration status. Why wouldn't they? There's only one legal hiccup I see and it can easily be argued around.

And to be frank, though I love Hans, if you have an official who refuses to actually do what is asked of him because he just doesn't feel like doing it, you get a new official. There's honestly not that much work to the RG position to begin with. I know it's not "nice" but it gets the job done.

This current bill lacks any point unless you put some force into it. As in "if anyone on the do-not-PM list receives a PM with the intent to sway the individual to vote or vote for a specific candidate, the sender shall be banned from voting in said election" or something. Otherwise this is just make-work that has no teeth.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #91 on: March 31, 2011, 10:37:42 PM »

I'm actually having to agree with Marokai here. We're creating a list of people who don't want to be bothered. Yet there is no sort of enforcement to make sure those people are bothered. All this piece of legislation does is ask Atlasians not to message those people. Consequences? Nada.

As I stated in my campaign and earlier in this thread, I'd welcome deregistration, as long as there is a short waiting period before the deregistration take effect, as well as a "punishment" of waiting an allotted amount of time before you can re-enter.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #92 on: March 31, 2011, 10:43:28 PM »

I'm actually having to agree with Marokai here. We're creating a list of people who don't want to be bothered. Yet there is no sort of enforcement to make sure those people are bothered. All this piece of legislation does is ask Atlasians not to message those people. Consequences? Nada.

The problem with that is that I doubt you'll get many people on your side since that could potentially hurt PMing GOTV efforts. Tongue Though yes, if this is going to be done, that's the only way to make it worthwhile.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #93 on: March 31, 2011, 10:54:22 PM »

Good Lord almighty, that is what halted a deregistration bill? Just write around that requiring a cooldown period before reregistration, or make all current restrictions continue to apply regardless of registration status. Why wouldn't they? There's only one legal hiccup I see and it can easily be argued around.

also there would need to be a seperate deregistered list. it might actually have been specific aspects of Kalwejt's bill that Hans objected to.

looking back at the deregistration bill that Fritz vetoed I was wondering, bgwah, what made you change your mind about the DNPM idea?
What if we allowed voters to instead inform the RG they wished to be listed as "Inactive voter - Do not contact" on the census list, since the #1 concern is getting PMs asking them to vote. Of course, Teddy was especially bad in this regard and is now gone, but it will still happen to a lesser degree I'm sure.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #94 on: March 31, 2011, 11:25:36 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

To end the perpetual confusion machine, this is the amendment to which I was inquiring about its reception from the underlying bill's sponsor.

Senators have 24 hours to object and request a vote.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #95 on: March 31, 2011, 11:29:22 PM »

The problem with that is that I doubt you'll get many people on your side since that could potentially hurt PMing GOTV efforts. Tongue Though yes, if this is going to be done, that's the only way to make it worthwhile.

You insult the professional machine party politicians. I don't know about what RPP candidates have done, but I have always been sure to avoid pming those on the official PM list and I always handle the official RPP GOTV machine.

One more thing to note is that this and the Deregistration nonesense are not a one or the other deal, folks. Tongue
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #96 on: April 01, 2011, 03:14:51 AM »

For the record, I would also prefer deregistration by far.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #97 on: April 01, 2011, 07:41:39 PM »

Do we really want Hans to retire? I think that's the real question here. A vote for deregistration is a vote against Hans.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #98 on: April 01, 2011, 07:42:39 PM »

Do we really want Hans to retire? I think that's the real question here. A vote for deregistration is a vote against Hans.

With all my respect for Hans, one Atlasian, even such great as Hans, can't held us a hostage.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #99 on: April 01, 2011, 09:14:32 PM »

I suppose no love for the idea of having "Do Not PM" under "Additional Info"...?

If people are combing the voter rolls to find voters it's rather inconceivable that would be missed. There's no need to create a whole separate post and further clutter the Census Bureau.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies