SENATE BILL: Do Not PM List Act (Law'd) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:12:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: Do Not PM List Act (Law'd) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: Do Not PM List Act (Law'd)  (Read 9664 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« on: March 11, 2011, 09:24:37 PM »

4) If people ask me to quit PMing them, I do. We shouldn't need a law to mandate common courtesy.
We could still run into the problem of multiple people messaging someone who doesn't want to be messaged, not knowing they don't. This would solve that problem as there would be a public list available.

I agree and support Yank's potential amendment on putting this as part of another thread. No more stickies for now, please Smiley
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 07:39:36 PM »

Not sure if this would change any minds, but I plan to stick to my campaign promise that I would sign a deregistration law if it came across my desk.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 10:37:42 PM »

I'm actually having to agree with Marokai here. We're creating a list of people who don't want to be bothered. Yet there is no sort of enforcement to make sure those people are bothered. All this piece of legislation does is ask Atlasians not to message those people. Consequences? Nada.

As I stated in my campaign and earlier in this thread, I'd welcome deregistration, as long as there is a short waiting period before the deregistration take effect, as well as a "punishment" of waiting an allotted amount of time before you can re-enter.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 02:03:07 PM »

X President Tmthforu94

Not an enthusiastic signing, though, and I seriously considered vetoeing it. I don't see this act being extremely successful, but it's a step up from what we have now.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies